• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

undo the knots of the past // any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Relief floods over me like the cool lake water I stand in when Solace, the Caretaker, welcomes me into her land. Although every rumour about this place had been along the same lines - sanctuary, refuge - my trepedatious heart had still insisted upon racing frantically until every doubt had been put to rest. I dip my head in respect to the beautiful young mare, grateful at having been so warmly received.

"She'll come in a few days time, I'm sure," I breathe in my low voice, glancing at the stallion, feeling awkward at not having addressed him. "Thank you so much for welcoming me. This place meets every standard set for it."

I step closer to the stallion (whose lips carry a small, secret smile) as Solace continues speaking about the waters, my ears trained on her. I smile at what she is saying, feeling in myself that exact same charm - my neck stretches out carefully, and I exhale warm breath against the blind man's nose in a wordless greeting. I move to brush my nose against his, but am ready for him to deny my advances. Moving slowly, I return my gaze to Solace, an expression of serenity on my face.

"I feel it's sway already," I murmur. "It's lovely here."

Takei drops his head to the water, skimming its surface in a melancholy sort of way. I utter a worried nicker, the sound very quiet. Again I step closer to him, nudging his shoulder in as reassuring a manner I can muster, given my awkward, clumsy qualities. It's uncertain as to how he'll react to my touch, to my closeness - but I can't help wanting to heal him. It's in my blood.

He asks about Solace's duties, then, and I reluctantly turn to hear her answer. My provider's heart yearns to help this boy, even after having just met him. But it is important to understand this kingdom, too - important for both of us, if we are to stay and prosper.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 12-21-2017, 04:48 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 12-28-2017, 02:22 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-03-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Kagerus - 01-13-2018, 12:46 AM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM