• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The difference between a coward and a hero; Reagan
    Reagan
    Say something, I'm giving up on you.

Ah, so its to be that then. Reagan laughs, her tail twitching as her green eyes lay on Claw's. Not many others had eyes as green and clear as hers, and she falls silent, watching with intensity every move she made. Every soft, padded step she took as she tested the ground below her. She has never taken the form of a wolf in Tephra before, and the motion is foreign to her - but that did not mean she was out of her element. She stops bearing her teeth, ears going erect again. He was not intimidated by her.

That would be his mistake.

"My mind is what it is, and does what it will. I have made that promise to exactly one in my lifetime, so it is not a promise I shall make to you." a small growl, and then she speaks again. "When I bear you a child, ask me that question again." Reagan smiles darkly, knowing the second half of that statement will never come to fruition. "If you want to be taken at face value, and be left for exactly what you are, then you must be accepting of others who wish the same."

The white wolf tilts her ears up, green eyes spotting prey in the distance. Reagan curls her lip, trying to keep focused on Longclaw - trying to train on his eyes, and not on the blood that was pumping in the jugular vein in his neck. She wanted to hunt again. She needed meat again. "I did not come here to rule a Kingdom. I came to escape one. It is as I said. Tephra is my home, and my allegiance is to it and its Overseer. This is not the first time I have run this path in my life, Pup. Do not think me a fool."

The sun was at a low twilight when they had begun this conversation. The fires of a red sunset were burning across grey skin before Reagan had shifted, and now the white wolf was glowing red from the heat of it. Underneath the light of pale moon, She finds that she had carried on the color, and has changed from white, to a burning ember color, glowing softly, her skin crackling as she moved. Reagan's eyes glowed bright green then as she looked at him, all artifice gone from her voice, all bitterness dropped out of her face. Reagan's words on Warrick, and what he was doing with her daughter were another matter entirely - one for which Reagan would speak to her Overseer about at another time - away from the prying eyes of his blue general. Warrick was due his privacy, and though the Grey Lady did not necessarily agree with his choice of dalliances, it was not the business of magicians (or mothers) to out him for his transgressions. No. This were words best saved for another occasion.

"Warrick knows of what I spoke of, and I shall take it up with him when the time is right. It has no bearing on him as a king, or on my thoughts on his ability to lead us. I know he will do fine. I have seen it." She smiles darkly, her tongue playing over her fangs, the bloodlust rushing to her eyes, the hunger of the hunt setting in. "You, however, have a choice to make." The glowing wolf with the green eyes huffs. "We are on the same side. You want to be taken seriously, at face value. So do I. It is a mutual road. What secrets you carry - if any, are safe with me. But do not question my loyalties. I have played the game and lost it more times than years you've been alive, Pup. I am here to protect the volcano, and all its inhabitants. Including you. And I don't even like you very much." He wants bluntness, and there it is. She speaks what is on her mind. And yet, she is slowly becoming dislodged from the conversation.

The blood was pounding, rushing to her ears. She needed to hunt. Needed to feed.

Needed to taste blood again.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The difference between a coward and a hero; Reagan - by Reagan - 01-02-2018, 07:11 PM