• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The difference between a coward and a hero; Reagan

LONGCLAW

-I close my eyes, ignore the smoke-

Perhaps her jest about coupling had been for a sly reason, but the thought serves instead to remind him of how terribly different the two are. She makes no excuses for her abilities, no promises or concrete statements he can cling to for a good report - nothing aside from an offer of trust without anything for him to trust in. He shows her patience, though; respect in the place of what she refuses to show him in return. There are truths and untruths alike riddled throughout her speech, none of which illicit a response until she’s made her peace and her voice has quieted.

“The volcano didn’t ask for your protection, nor did I.” He states, unwilling to loop the rest of the Tephran inhabitants into that statement because he cannot speak for them as a whole - only Warrick could. “The island doesn’t need you, Reagan.” Longclaw speaks, understanding that at first his statement may come as a sharp prick to her hubris.

“But I do want you here, and I’m confirmed in the belief that Warrick does too. Even if we don’t exactly like each other, as you’ve so tactfully put it.” He coughs, easing into a sit while he watches the flickering she-wolf lose interest. He appreciates her statement about ‘face value’ even more in this moment - at least she’s true to herself and her nature; it’s obvious to Claw that he falls under her radar of ‘less-than-important creatures.’

Still, he cannot seem to tear his eyes away from her shape, or the curve of every dip and hollow that makes her what she is. Even his internal disgust is not enough to stem the building longing he has to be near to her, to hunt with her, to attempt to tame her even. It splits him internally, emotionally. He hates it. He loves it. “You’re a gift to our world.” He murmurs, steady gaze searching every flick of movement on her face.

“And one of its greatest enemies.” He ends, rising on gray paws to circle her and wait at her hind.

He’s made himself clear. Let the rest come naturally, then. They must learn to work past their differences in order for Tephra to succeed, but that fact alone doesn’t imbue that they should suddenly feel a great affinity for one another either. He makes his choice by pointing a black nose ahead, training his eyes on whatever seems to have caught her attention. For the first time ever, he’ll let another lead the hunt.

@[Reagan]
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The difference between a coward and a hero; Reagan - by Longclaw - 01-04-2018, 02:05 PM