• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

survival was my only hope, success my only revenge [Maugrim]
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    The water around her coils agitatedly, like a snake poising itself to deliver a fatal blow. The ocean has a master, and it is Maugrim, and his will is easily brought to life by the powerful waters. His hooded brow shades the blackness of his gaze - intense and hungry, a look that had not befallen him in Nerine, but is now rampant on his face - and his lips are curled into a menacing snarl. “You shall not return to Nerine.” He growls this plainly, ears pinning beneath the dark evergreen of his mane. “You will know nothing of the world again except for this island.”

The island they are on is a small outcropping of sand, just outside of Ischia. In distance, it is not far from the mainland, but the water churns angrily as the sharp rocks of corals and reefs prick its way above the surface - a swim towards the mainland would mean crossing those corals, and most likely becoming trapped within them and drowning. He had created it himself, lowering the waters in the ocean to reveal the corals and sealife beneath. Already the reef that had been exposed to the air has begun to darken and wither away, and some silvered and rainbowed fish still flip and flop in different areas - merely in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is a rather large area for a single horse, with numerous boulder-like corals that tower far above their heads. He would have to find something to sustain her, he figures, but he’s sure a few days without food or drink would be good for his first captive - to find herself depending on his visits, awaiting the nourishment he would bring her.

It is unlike him, to offer her a place to stay where she could remain breathing, instead of dragging her into the dark abyss where he keeps the others - but there is another here in Ischia who will find Vessel’s presence interesting, and not everyone could move beneath the waves like he can. Maugrim has never kept his collectables before - they have all become lifeless and bloating corpses within a matter of minutes - and the exhilaration he feels begins to quicken his heart rate, and at the same time, quickens the water around them. 

She feebly stands (such a weak thing) and he pauses, standing before her with a narrowed gaze. 

“Welcome home.”

m a u g r i m.

@[Vessel]
    I hope this is okay? They're on a tiny island he created (so it used to be underwater) and its not too far from Ischia!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: survival was my only hope, success my only revenge [Maugrim] - by Maugrim - 01-06-2018, 10:17 AM