• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  curiosity killed the cat || ellyse
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer inhales deep, the crisp scent of autumn coaxing him from the depths of the crimson and gold forest and into a large clearing dotted with a trio of over-sized boulders. The morning sun beats against his dark back, though does little to quell the chill that settles in his chest and legs. He knows that later, when the sun is at its peak, the day will warm to a more comfortable temperature, as it usually does in the early weeks of autumn. The king of Sylva clings to those warm moments, remembering Tephra and its humidity fondly, before moving his mind to more productive and less nostalgic things.

A gentle smile finds the black beast's maw as his one-eyed love pulls away from the treeline. The sunlight glimmers invitingly across her golden coat and feathered wings, and Dahmer goes to meet her. He reaches his muzzle out for her, pressing it gently to the corner of her maw and exhales all of his tension now that she is present.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in ages," he murmurs quietly to Ellyse, though the statement is not accusatory - it is simply that. A statement. They had both been busy securing the borders of their new abode, taking account of those who had chosen to stay and those who had parted to follow in Gryffen's wake. He has slowly grown used to the shadow of their golden forest, but it has yet to feel like home and he wonders if she feels the same.

"I'm so thankful that you're with me," he confesses with a sadness deep in his blue eyes, "None of this feels like home when you're not around. And I can only imagine how you feel, love," he trails off for a moment as his gaze moves to the forest that surrounds them. "Tephra means so much to me still, and you were there even before I."
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Ellyse]

Messages In This Thread
    curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 12-26-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 12-26-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 12-30-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 12-31-2017, 08:07 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 01-01-2018, 07:38 PM