• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  curiosity killed the cat || ellyse
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    A chipmunk has taken to scurrying in the underbrush of the nearby forest, rustling leaves and pine needles until it draws Dahmer's attention, placing an inkling of suspicion in his dark breast. His glacial blue eyes follow the small creature as it meanders in the growth, searching for any indication that it could be a shifter (someone of Gryffen's, perhaps, sent to gather information for the displaced white wraith) and not simply an innocent chipmunk. He is finally satisfied when he watches the small furry thing, unsuccessful in its search, move away from them and back into the dawn shadows of the golden forest. The black beast moves his gaze back to Ellyse, no longer distracted.

The winged mare nestles into him warmly and a contented sigh drops from his maw. A small, private smile follows closely behind ─ there is a certain magic to seeing her like this, the formidable Ellyse, and it never fails to brighten his mood. When he breaks the silence again, pulling them both from their heads and back to the present, she doesn't hesitate long to answer his gruff question as his lips tug gently at his obsidian mane.

And Dahmer is not disappointed (though he does not believe her capable of disappointing him).

"If only I could show you Azza," he murmurs quietly to Ellyse, his memories taking him again to the place of his birth ─ to the army he had built in the Subway, the legacy that they had left behind. He sighs again, quietly, before crooking his lips into a lopsided grin at her over his scarred shoulder. "I will give you an army, my love," he adds as her soft muzzle finds his chest where it meets the column of his neck, coaxing a nicker from his fluttering nostrils.

"We should visit Loess and Taiga soon. I haven't heard news from either, and I'm not comfortable letting them sit on our borders without knowing who they are," Dahmer grumbles quietly as he dips his head and rotates an ear back towards Ellyse, listening to the soothing rhythm of her breathing. "I have been meaning to ask ─ how did Warrick take the news of our leaving?"
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Ellyse]

Messages In This Thread
    curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 12-26-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 12-26-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 12-30-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 12-31-2017, 08:07 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 01-01-2018, 07:38 PM