• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Confide in me, darling - any

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

The sea was cool, calm. Gulls and parrots cried out in constant cacophony, nearly drowning out the metronome of the water. Sand crunched beneath his hooves, a gentle breeze teased and pulled the dark locks of his mane and tail. With a great inhale, he took in the scents around him. Brine, fish, coarse sea grass, his own dusty skin. These and a hundred other minute odors marked his world. Sound, scent, touch, these were enough to tell the blind youth where he was.

Hod lay down on the beach, the brightness of midday drowning out the vague shapes he could sometimes make out in less intense lighting. It didn't make much difference, if he was being honest. He'd lived here going on a year now, and had become quite familiar with the main island's layout. Enough to move from one place to another with little trouble, outside of unexpectedly fallen trees and the natural erosions of the shoreline. He was familiar enough to call this home.

A splash of russet marred the shoulder of his  otherwise flawless pale grey coat, deep charcoal painted his crest and tail. It was the pale cobwebbed blue of his eyes, though, that made him so distinct. They saw nothing, never had. Yet he did not miss much.

It had been days since he had last seen Nyxa. The little seamare served as both his eyes and his best friend most days, but he recognized the hold the ocean held over her, and she spent as much time beneath the waves as she could get away with. Still. She had never been gone overnight without warning him first. It had been almost a week now since she had last walked the shores of Ischia. She was strong and clever... And so, so naïve. It was part of why he loved her, but deep down he knew it would get her in trouble one day. Hopefully that wasn't today.

Fighting off that gutsore feeling of trepidation,  the young stallion rose to his feet again, treading along the brink between earth and water. He loved the rush of the waves over his fetlocks, almost as if the sea was trying to draw him in. If only he could, and explore the world beneath the waves, a world he'd only heard about. A rhythmic crunching drew his attention. He feared nothing on this island, had yet to make any enemies. He simply paused, knowing by the weight behind the steps that it wasn't Nyxa. She'd have been chattering his ear off by now, anyhow.

"Who goes there?" He queried, ears twisting back and forth in an attempt to gather more information. The scent wasn't one he immediately recognized, and so he waited for the stranger to identify themselves.   .

Messages In This Thread
    Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 12-26-2017, 11:11 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 12-27-2017, 10:39 AM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 12-27-2017, 11:04 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-04-2018, 02:12 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-04-2018, 07:51 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-10-2018, 01:42 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-21-2018, 10:43 AM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-25-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 02-06-2018, 07:06 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 02-12-2018, 12:20 AM