• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Confide in me, darling - any
    He had been rambling, and he knows it, yet she doesn't seem to mind. Instead, she picks up the thread of his conversation, and speaks it further. He likes her voice, he realizes. It's sweet and musical, lower than a young girl's, filled with passion when she speaks of her homeland. A queen's voice, he supposes. With his thick, dark forelock cloaking his eyes, he stares at her sightlessly. More feeling her presence than anything else. By her soft body heat, the sound of air passing through her lungs, the quiet shushing of fine sand beneath her feet, he knows she's there. Her words, however prettily said, do not all sit well with him, though. "Altercations? No one's hurt you, have they?" A crease of concern grooved the space between his eyes, the corners of his mouth suddenly tightened with worry. Sometimes he wished he were as dynamic as his brother, brave enough to charge into danger, to fight off the dark shadows of foes. But he was himself, and he was learning, slowly, that he had his own brand of courage. Picking fights was not his thing, but defense of someone who needed it? Someone he cared about? That was another matter entirely. Nyxa sprang to the front of his mind. Carefree, and often care-less, she needed someone to look out for her. Even if she denied it, usually loudly. A fainter outline stood next to Nyxa's defined one. The outline of a girl with an island on her shoulders, and maybe wolves at her door. With a light exhale, he smiled towards her, whisking tendrils of hair from his face as he did so. "I'm sure you've got plenty of queenly things to attend to. And I need to prepare to travel. But... I'd like it, if you'd like it, if you'd visit me again." The sentence finished awkwardly, hanging in the air with obvious question marks. He wasn't sure why he'd it, just that he like Krone, liked her mannerisms and her kind voice. And that he truly wouldn't mind another walk with her some time. A tickle at the back of is mind nudged him, twined with the briny sea scent that so reminded him of the sea filly he loved so much. A drop of guilt settled like a pebble in his stomach.

@[Krone] <3

Messages In This Thread
    Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 12-26-2017, 11:11 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 12-27-2017, 10:39 AM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 12-27-2017, 11:04 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-04-2018, 02:12 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-04-2018, 07:51 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-10-2018, 01:42 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-21-2018, 10:43 AM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-25-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 02-06-2018, 07:06 PM