• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the sound of silence; warrick
    Reagan
    Say something, I'm giving up on you.

"Good evening," she says. He does not look pleased to see her. Though that is something she expects. He is not a man easily cowed under - something that would have otherwise been intolerable in a King.

Maybe there is hope for him yet.

"I wanted to apologize, however briefly, for what happened when Romek visited. Our past is - complicated. Why he would come come back now, after all that has happened; It is something I will never fully understand. And now, without answers - I probably never will."

And then, she briefly relays the story of what happened from within the Taiga. Within her kingdom. History that was too painful to repeat - and when it ended with the demise of the forest, and the day that her magic had betrayed her, she falls silent, the seriousness of the moment like a heavy hammer between them.

"I do not wish his death. I wish for closure. I am as much to blame for what happened as he - probably more. I cannot think of one, more culpable, than I - or one with more to lose."

But then, her eyes graze across his face, and she, despite her size, sets her gaze on him. "But despite this - I am not accustomed to being ordered about like a common scullery maid." The evening tolls on, and the sun is slowly going down as the shadows are becoming more exaggerated round them. The shadow of him falls across her, and as an aside, she looks to see the fullness of her figure scattered about on the ground. She was not used to showing quite this early. And she was nearly always hungry.

Having to stop to have this rather arduous conversation is the longest she has been without food in days. Her stomach growls audibly, and a grouchy countenance settles upon her features. "Tephra is my home, as I have already said. However it came to be so, it has my loyalty. As do you - should you request it. But make no mistake, my dear Warrick," another stomach grumble, and a more sour expression. "I am not a woman to be crossed lightly."

Something she would not normally have outloud if she had been of her right mind.

Damn, she was hungry.

Messages In This Thread
    the sound of silence; warrick - by Reagan - 12-29-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; warrick - by Warrick - 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; warrick - by Reagan - 12-30-2017, 01:07 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; warrick - by Warrick - 01-05-2018, 06:59 PM