• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the sound of silence; warrick
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    There is an air about her that lets him know that there is definitely going to be more going on here than just a simple good evening and how are you doing? conversation, and the young Overseer hopes that his aura comes off the same (and if not, she will soon realize it) - much has happened between the two, who are barely acquaintances, beneath the Tephran sun. His agitation shows within the hollows of his hard face and a rigid jawline, fraught with intensity and stoicism. However his displeasure with the way the situation had gone, the bay stallion would not ignore her request to meet with him, for he understands most of all that the majority of anger and strife stems from something much more than just general grumpiness or a fire-quick temper - something more is at play here within the grey woman’s eyes, and he will forever be a willing listener.

Her apology is first and honestly takes him by surprise - enough so that the tightness of his face relax slightly, and his ears that were tipped back indifferently now prick forward - he had not been expecting one, nor for it to be the first thing to fly from her mouth. She keeps him guessing, and his heart skips a beat as he remembers having the same notion about her red and ebony daughter. He snorts softly and clears his mind, listening intently to her apology (which is genuine, he observes, when she flashes memories of what haunts her through his mind) and his cobalt eyes even show a bit of empathy for her - leaving him speechless as her memories bring back his own, recalling the moment he lost his family during the Reckoning.

Her eyes upon him are grave and cold, though she is not attempting to appear sinister or malicious. He flicks his gaze to her from the corner of his eye, a brow twitching almost amusedly as she scoffs at the idea of her being a maid. He rolls his shoulders, turning to his face towards her as she continues - the growl of her stomach is unquestionable, and his lips press together thinly as another growl rips through her. “You have made me fully aware,” he muses sternly, his quiet gaze resting on hers. “You know that I have risen beneath the shadow of Offspring, and he delights in your presence - I would never even wish to take away a being he obviously cares for..” He pauses, blinking thoughtfully. “You mistake my intention that day as I have mistaken the place of your anger. I hadn’t meant to offend you, or make you feel as if I didn’t know who you are, or that you are not welcome amongst us. The soil of Taiga runs with blood and tears, and a stranger from there, coupled with the bite in your voice, made it all too clear that Tephra would not the place to solve such a matter.

I believe you when you say your loyalty belongs to Tephra - to us - because I have seen how your loyalty belonged to Taiga when it reigned. If you are loyal to Tephra, Tephra will be loyal to you. If you are loyal to me, I will be loyal to you. ”

A pledge, or a truce perhaps, is offered between the two as Warrick’s voice falls away, the dying sun painting the duo with streams of gold and bronze, the shadows stretching beneath their hooves across the golden plains of meadowland before them.

“But know that I welcome you here, Reagan, not only because of Offspring, but because - like you said - you are not to be crossed lightly.” He can recognize strength when he sees it, and he would be foolish to cast her aside. Then, with almost something of a chuckle, he admits: “And I hope you know that neither am I.”
    Warrick

@[Reagan]

Messages In This Thread
    the sound of silence; warrick - by Reagan - 12-29-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; warrick - by Warrick - 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; warrick - by Reagan - 12-30-2017, 01:07 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; warrick - by Warrick - 01-05-2018, 06:59 PM