• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Insignificance.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    It all happened in a rush; I'm not exactly sure how.

We had taken a day apart, to wander as individuals. Something changed in my companion since then, I can feel it, I can see it - at first just in her eyes, but now, in the widening of her barrel, and in the days she often chooses to travel without me. I am happy for her - so, so happy - and yet I have questions. Ever since we met at the river, since she stumbled at the sound of my father's name - I've had questions.

Perhaps today, I'll get some answers.

She is accompanying me today, following my path as we often take turns doing. There is a purpose in my step and direction, a sort of confidence and excitement that I'm sure she can feel herself. Every so often, I reach over to brush my nose against her neck, cheek, shoulder. Sometimes, without thinking, I drop my pace just slightly, and rest my cheek against her swelling belly. We haven't discussed it yet - but my maternal instincts lead me to caress her more often than perhaps I normally would.

(If only I knew why the instinct was so strong - if only I knew that, should I have my own child, I will die).

We are nearing the kingdom, and it has been minutes since the last time I touched her - I have become distracted by the changing scenery, excited by exactly what today holds in store for us. Before we truly come upon the border, I pause and turn to her, a wide smile blossoming on my usually somber lips.

"I think I found us a home, Sig," I breathe, watching anxiously for her reaction. My companion has never shown any sign of anger towards me, but still, I do not want to be taken as presumptuous or demanding. "It's a refuge, of sorts. Anyone is welcome. I've met some of the people here - it's quiet." My eyes glance at her swollen belly, knowing that in a few months time, the old woman will need a home to raise the child in. Something consistent. My mother's heart yearns to provide.

"Do you think you'll join me?" I try another smile, but it's sheepish this time, accompanied by a light blush. "And maybe the man you've been sneaking off to see?"

Little. Did. I. Know.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Insignificance]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-05-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-08-2018, 01:28 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-13-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-18-2018, 01:12 AM