• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone.
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die

She is not alone with the hollow creature for long. An approving purr sounds from within the border of the kingdom, words closely tailing the sound. The image of the creature distorts for a moment as Volcan's mind becomes distracted, but when the realization dawns that this mare is appreciating her creation, she redefines it and sends it stalking between the stranger's legs. For a while, that's all that happens.

"I never knew her myself," She utters at last, sending the leopard into the mare's legs and releasing her powers, the snow flakes cascading shimmerinly into nothingness. Just as Beqanna intended. Her own eyes refocus at the moment that hers do, a small, uncomfortable smile playing across her lips at the greeting. Interactions like these - not her strong suit.. The snow on the ground swirls as if disturbed by a breeze, but in reality, it is Volcan's nervous twitch, her own form of fidgeting.

"Hello," Comes her answer, her voice neither low nor high, excited nor withdrawn. "I'm Volcan." She listens for the other mare to offer her name next, and nods when it comes. Hestia. Not a name she recalls, but one that she will remember from now on.

What brings you to Nerine?

For a moment, another silence befalls them. Volcan does not gape or gasp or choke on her words; rather, she sits, mulling them over until they can come out in one coherent piece. It's not an easy question to answer. It's not so simple as she makes it seem. "One of your former members, Starlin, told me that this kingdom was formed in remembrance of the Amazons." Her green eyes, piercing, meet Hestia's. "I have recently learned that I am the daughter of Scorch, one of the last Khaleesi's... and she is dead." Her heart squeezes at the admittance, but no emotions shows on her face. She had her time to process when she was told - now, reality must take precedence. "I thought that by coming here, perhaps I could... Respect her memory. Pay homage."

She smiles, genuinely this time. Mischievously. As her mother would have.

"Long term."

I hope you don't mind that I assumed Hestia would introduce herself Wink introductions are always stupid so I'd thought I'd speed the process along.

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone. - by Volcan - 01-05-2018, 04:16 PM
    RE: Anyone. - by Hestia - 01-29-2018, 02:28 AM
    RE: Anyone. - by Volcan - 02-01-2018, 04:28 PM
    RE: Anyone. - by Hestia - 02-10-2018, 03:13 AM
    RE: Anyone. - by Volcan - 02-22-2018, 11:43 AM