• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone.
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die

she’s not something you can forget Hestia says, and despite ration and reason, Volcan feels a stab of...something. It’s odd to think that she, supposedly, was intended for this life, in a kingdom she couldn’t even remember, intended for a life she would never get the chance to experience...all up in smoke, smoke and ash.

Instead of sisters and tropical jungle and snakes and fucking ladders, she got...what? ”I don’t know.” says the smokey woman in answer to Hestia’s question, her eyes seemingly magmatic, churning beneath the surface with the kind of intensity that only volcanoes know.

And then, she relinquishes a breath, and it melts away. She takes a deep breath, fresh air, that tastes like seawind and not embers. Nerine - a sort of new start for them all, and perhaps for her as well?

”I don’t know,” she says again, giving her head a shake (as if the thoughts that fogged her mind could be shed with a simple movement of the head). ”All I know is that I was meant to be born an Amazonian, but instead I tumbled into existence on some dune, wet and sandy and mewling for a mother I’d never know.”

Of course, she doesn’t remember it herself but she has been told it many times. ”Vanquish found me. King Vanquish, of the Deserts, did you know him? He saved me and raised me as his own.” She wishes he was still alive, she could use his advice now. What would he say? Did he know anything that might’ve yielded answers? If only dead men could speak, if only kingdoms could rise up again, if only, if only.

Hestia offers her a tour and Volcan nods gratefully. ”Yes, please.” she says, following the woman deeper into the kingdom.

ooc: we can consider this thread wrapped up now, no need to reply. just gonna assume that hestia showed her around etc. etc.
    p.s. sorry if it feels like the tone changed in this thread - am her new player aaaaand trying to figure her out still.

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone. - by Volcan - 01-05-2018, 04:16 PM
    RE: Anyone. - by Hestia - 01-29-2018, 02:28 AM
    RE: Anyone. - by Volcan - 02-01-2018, 04:28 PM
    RE: Anyone. - by Hestia - 02-10-2018, 03:13 AM
    RE: Anyone. - by Volcan - 02-22-2018, 11:43 AM