• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The evening sighs, so close your eyes and tell me what you see- Amorette, any
    Amorette's lack of alarm went far to assure him of their safety, compounded by the new knowledge that it was none other than Warrick who stood before them now. Letting out a gusty breath, his stance relaxed the rest of the way. He cast about slightly with his ears, trying to pinpoint just where the land's leader was standing. Fixing his unseeing eyes more or less in the vicinity of Warrick's shoulder, he bobbed his head decorously.

"My apologies. You move rather quietly, and I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something had attacked and I had done nothing." His words held a dark edge, hinting at past regret. Shaking the bleak look from his expression, he gestured in Amorette's general direction. "Yes, Amorette has been a kindness. I owe her much..." The words trailed off. A hesitant smile played on his lips, as he considered just where he'd be right now if the healer had not taken him on. A wandering madman, or simply dead on some beach seemed the most likely outcomes. Instead, he was here. And here was a place he wanted to stay. Deep in his heart, there was a thread of self loathing. Facing himself seemed an impossible task at the moment. As long as he couldn't do that, there was no way he believed he would be able to face his little brother. It dug like a thorn in his soul, but his bravery simply did not extend that far currently. So when Warrick asked if here was where he wished to stay, the answer was an easy one.

"Yes, I am." The buckskin man answered simply. It was nothing more and nothing less than what he desired at that moment. A place to stay, to be safe, to belong. For the last year, that was a question that had plagued him more than most. His youth had been spent on the run. This last year had been a maelstrom of emotion and violence, internal and external. What Warrick offered was security and an identity that Bragi had slowly been discovering he was missing. This volcanic land seemed well matched to the roiling emotions the bronze man still experienced. In the occasional growling of the volcano, he heard his own voice, the heat the earth echoed his own temper. Bowing his head solemnly, the crystalline point of his horn grazing the rich soil at his feet, Bragi tacitly waited on the other man's approval. Ceremony helped his state of mind. Clear rules kept the chaos of the world at bay, and so it was perhaps a bit overly formal of him to react so. Even still, he promised himself, that should Warrick choose to let him remain, and in particular if his sight ever return to him, he would dedicate himself to this kingdom with unmatched passion.

@[Warrick] @[Amorette] Sorry for the sloppy word vomit >.>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The evening sighs, so close your eyes and tell me what you see- Amorette, any - by Bragi - 01-24-2018, 06:48 PM