• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever]

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

How long has she ’not wandered’? “That’s a good question.” The girl answers, turning aside from the churning shoreline to follow him through the twists of jade forest. “I was born in Hyaline,” She begins, unsure if this is actually what the lavender stallion had in mind when he’d asked the question, “and not long after that my mother was busy doing diplomatic errands for Amet.” She recalls anyways, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips with the fond remembrance of the bronze-scaled king.

“Then, the next time Circinae came home for a spell, it was to tell us that she’d taken up the mantle here, in Ischia.” She shrugs, quick to duck beneath the overhang of a ripe vine. “So I followed. I found Hod and his brother, Bragi, on my way and only made it to these shores with one of them but, I haven’t left since that day.” She sighs, full of the past and aching for Hod’s company now that she’d slipped and mentioned him.

It wasn’t an entirely true story, (she’d tried in vain to leave once and gotten as far as the Rivermouth) but the essence of it still remained the same. Ischia had her in its grasp and, half the time, she didn’t mind. Especially when it led her to discovering characters such as this … Klaudius fellow.

“You know,” She says suddenly, now that their path has become familiar (like she’d assumed before, Ischia was all but completely discovered to her) “you look very similar to another horse here! Though she’s a mare.” The youngling laughs, a sound as light as the mist coating the canopy above them. Another peal of thunder rolls in the distance; the wind picks up with a trill whistle.

ooc: As long as it's okay with Liv!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever] - by Nyxa - 01-18-2018, 03:16 PM