• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever]

With more enthusiasm than hesitation, she agreed.  Turning their backs to the raging storm, just beginning to bare down on the island, they push onward.  He, content on following her lead, strained the see anything in the pitch black of the underneath.  His senses resort to hearing as his guide, and with the soft patter of hooves before him, he follows closely.  She is busily chatting as usual and he managed an amused laugh at her question, "Do I look like a cave dweller?" His lavender wings seated tightly against the curve of his body as he squeezed through the narrow passage.  Ducking his head at an increase dripping of water coming from above.  The whistle of wind from the outside world echoed across the walls, creating a daunting hum.  "I prefer the open skies... So I've spent much of my youth above the clouds.  Only recent...activities...have brought me to return." He draws on the word activities with an underlying meaning hidden.  A masked grin sweeps across his lips, but he does not elaborate.  The young girl need not know of his extracurricular hobbies.  

The slick flooring began to decline and he steadies himself.  The lower portion of his muzzle grazes the girls backside, setting off a domino effect.  Throwing up his head as bone scrapes on rock, it is all he can do to listen to her struggling for traction.  "Nyxa!" He calls out as the mares position is lost to him. I'm alright, she voices.  Though by her tone he is not entirely convinced.  "Where are you?" Taking a cautioned step forward but it is cut short as he reels backwards to a crumbling of stone just in front of him.  Her body then collides with his, sending him into the wall with a hefty thud.  Shaking the confusion from his mind, his lavender ears fall flat.  He can feel her body turn to rush back in the direction they had came.  A cry emits from her as another pillar falls from the cavern ceiling.  Spinning himself in the same direction his hocks drag along the jagged stone walls.  He does not cry out in pain or hobble in disability. "I'm right behind you, GO!" His hooves slip on the wet flooring but he manages forward motion.  Following the sound of her panting breath and clip of hooves he weaves through the tunnels.  The cool breeze growing stronger as the entrance came within view.  It was an eerie shade of greenish grey outside as they approached.  A curtain of rain blinding them to what was really happening to their home.  Trees were uprooting and thick foilage blown flat, scattered about the cave.  He began to slow slightly, a warning echoed to his companion, "Stop Nyxa!" right as a loud crack broke loose.  Branch and bark, along with stone and canopy debris filled the gaping hole that allowed them access to the island.  With a buckling of his hunches he slid to a stop just behind the light mare.  

As he straightened himself and curved around to her side, his face bobbed with flaring nostrils.  After a few rattled breaths, he eyed the obstacle blocking their path for a brief period before turning his attention to her, "Are you hurt?" The lighting was poor but the unmistakable wince of pain from her earlier rang in his ears...  

Klaudius
    I was just born this amazing

@[Nyxa] couldn't let them get away that easily

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever] - by Klaudius - 01-29-2018, 09:55 PM