• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

For there is no need || ANY
    "Mother I think I am afraid."

The young girl stands alone at the top of the cliff, staring longingly into the water that crashed unto the rocks below. She wishes silently, that she had wings. Perhaps, if she had wings she could soar over the ocean and feel free. For if she had wings, she would not be stuck here so pitifully alone. Her mother had gone many hours ago, parting ways (as hard as it was) with her only daughter. 

"Mother, please..."

The child's heart is gripped in some unbearable sadness, it was as though her mother had died. She shook with such intensity that her knees buckled, sending her into the brown rye beneath her. The earth welcomed her with open arms, cradling the sobbing girl as if it understood what had happened to her.

All children went through it, the moment in which their mother left them to their own adventures. Lavendel just hadn't expected her day to come so soon. She thought they had been happy, spending their days roaming Beqanna in search of great adventures. 

She recalled quietly upon the days when her mother sang to her by the ocean, their forms protected so well by the beach caves. She recounted the many hours spent in the meadow chasing butterflies and rabbits with fluffy cottontails. 

Memories that should have brought her joy, only brought her immense sadness. 

She continued to cry.

"I dont want you to go."

The girl awoke many hours later, allowing her limbs to pull her upward. Once more she found herself staring into the sea, but her eyes saw something new. No longer did they see the quiet pull of desperation, but they saw the soft lull of something exciting and new. The world called her name in a hushed tone only used in wonderful games of hide and seek. 

'Come find me Lavendel... I'm waiting'

The waves seemed to whisper to her as she turned her pale bodice from the white-capped abyss. Newly strengthened limbs pulled her pridefully away from the cliff and into the hills beyond. She was excited to see what the world had to offer her, and her alone. While she loved her mother, she didn't need her. No, not now.

"Do not be afraid sweet daughter of mine."

She traveled for days, allowing the earth to excite her, to show her things. She felt renewed, she felt free. It was many moons into her journey when she came across the autumn kingdom, the land of trees that stretched far into the crystal skies.

Lav felt it a curious place to be so golden and warm in the dead of winter. Being so young, she didn't consider the fact that certain scents and signs would tell her where she had wandered to was a kingdom.  The honey-colored girl was too enchanted with he sights to care if she had known!

"What a beautiful place..."

She whispered, enamored with the sights.

"There is no need to fear such a beautiful world..."

~~~~
    ((OOC: all italicized things are sorta flashbacks <3))
    [Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l

Messages In This Thread
    For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-15-2018, 01:22 AM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Sabra - 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-15-2018, 04:01 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Sabra - 01-16-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-16-2018, 03:46 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Sabra - 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-17-2018, 05:07 PM