• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  so far away - any
    I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
    Despite having true desert bloodlines, as per her breed, the mare had no affiliation with the former Deserts - though this mare wouldn't have the slightest clue about that. Nor about how Trissy was in truth a Valley princess - not that the title bore any significance in this realm. And she didn't expect it to, either. Still, she felt strange knowing that the mare before her had no idea of what came Before the reckoning - and even stranger still, that Trissy couldn't even dream of where she came from herself.

And the attempts at explaining either... Trissy deigned to turn down that particular thought, instead focusing on the newly introduced Nayja.

Her voice carried a kind of husk, but it sounded strenuous, whereas Trissy's came naturally. A small smile pulled at her lips, reassuring Nayja - there had been a time in her life, too, when words had seemed unnatural. "I'm glad to have met."

When the little white creature leaned from her perch to wave, a grin split Trissy's lips unexpectedly - the expression was a rare one for the mare. Her dark eyes bounced from dragon to mare, glimmering in a kind of awe and wonder. "Pleased to meet you as well, Amal," Trissy asserts, ears perked right towards her. At Nayja's next words, however, Trissy's expression calms - not in a way as to suggest anger or sadness, but rather sympathy and understanding. Though she did not reply, her eyes met Nayja's squarely - and the intensity of her gaze implied that same understanding.

Time immeasurable.

Despite being looked at with precise calculation, Trissy remained comfortable where she stood; her plainness held truth (she hid no traits in her mind), and she was at peace with that. True, her character had brought about some rather dramatic scenes since her return to Beqanna - but those were nothing compared to war. She may be playful, coy, even verging on mildly shit-disturbing - but she was no wager of war.

She smiled at the next question - a thoughtful, reflective expression.

"I don't wish to drive you away, Nayja," she began, "But I will be honest with you. Beqanna - as this land is called - can be a cruel mistress. She has her jealousies and her temper tantrums. But at night, curled up next to her - you can almost breathe easy." She tossed her forelock, shifting her weight; smiling. "And the night does seem to last long. I'd say that you've come during a time of slumber."

"As for us from elsewhere, specifically - we are treated as equals." Her smile leveled out, the humour from her voice dispersing. "I am a member of the kingdom, Loess, but I could have chosen any." She paused. "So can you."

Trissy
    html by maat

Messages In This Thread
    so far away - any - by Najya - 01-16-2018, 11:19 PM
    RE: so far away - any - by Trissy - 01-17-2018, 12:36 AM
    RE: so far away - any - by Najya - 01-17-2018, 05:41 PM
    RE: so far away - any - by Trissy - 01-17-2018, 07:42 PM