• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  new beginnings - any

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

It was finally warm enough to try her luck again.

Nyxa hadn’t seen hide or hair of Maugrim in a while, (or his strange paramour, for that matter) and the swim to the mainland is not as far as she remembers. In fact, it brings her immeasurable joy to dive beneath the waves again and lose herself to the ocean. Were it not for the fact that she was travelling to the mainland for a specific reason (named Hod) she might’ve been tempted to stay underwater for longer.

But there are things to be done, places to go.

So she goes, and soon enough her slender legs are carrying her over the fresh shoots of spring grass and into the heart of the Field. For a two year old she’s become rather womanly - an event that might not seem like much to other, more knowledgeable mares, but one that takes her off guard as soon as prying eyes tilt towards her. There’s still plenty of her winter coat to cover her, in fact she looks more like a tan bear herself than a tall pony, but what areas of her that have shed free the seasons coat reveal something quite striking.

Her new skin underneath is close to pale white - silver scales shimmer along her legs and enhance her face - a promise of what the rest will look like when her shed is complete. What boyish, angular features she’d sported before have now matured into innocent grace; every sweep of her purple eyes seems hide a secret of its own, without her even trying. Nyxa can feel her anxiety rising, especially when a loose stallion breaks free of his troupe to follow her easy pace from a distance.

She picks the first friendly face she comes across.

“Hello ladies!” She sings out tensely, unsure if her approach has interrupted a serious discussion because her eyes are darting behind her. “Mind if I join?” The water mare asks, easing to a stop rather close by Keeper’s shoulder. Her eyes dart down; they see the paws. She looks up again. “I’m Nyxa.” She offers softly, the hint of a smile toying about her lips.

Messages In This Thread
    new beginnings - any - by Reem - 01-16-2018, 11:43 PM
    RE: new beginnings - any - by keeper - 01-17-2018, 12:15 AM
    RE: new beginnings - any - by Nyxa - 01-18-2018, 04:30 PM