• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Your smile is a thin disguise; SOLACE

Smoak is overjoyed to see her - it can’t be misplaced as anything else. His warm eyes are endearing as they watch Solace cry out for him, every twitch of his muscles aligned to show the wholehearted yearning he barely contains when she lightly teases him.

“It was lacking a certain … someone, honestly.” He answers shyly by pressing his lips to the curtain of her two-toned mane. His body warms against her own, molds itself to the shape she presses into him, and with only reserved hesitation Smoak pulls her close in a gentle hug. “And I won’t pretend I’m not happy that the adventure is over.” The young stallion laughs as Solace pulls away - a sound free of concern now that he’s been reunited with Hyaline’s brightest star.

She wants explanation, though; His hazel eyes are never far from that attractive face she sports. “Svedka was fine without me - I barely had to suggest it.” He presses easily, a knowing smile tilting his stolen lips into a thoughtful, handsome grin. He chooses his next words carefully, very carefully, and that attention to detail gives the sentence a serious air when he finally does speak again, “It’s peaceful out there, lots of friendly faces. We met a charming mare who wanted to tour with us as far as Ischia.”

Now his gaze darts away, as if trying to recall the shape of an imaginary woman to mind. Smoak seems hazy with the memory, even goes for a wistful, pining sort of look before pretending to suddenly come back to the present. “But I guess wanderlust just isn’t a part of me.” He shrugs, “It really only made me think of home …” He drifts, moving forward to press his angular nose into the shadowy dip of her pale shoulder, “ … and you.”

That’s enough, for now.

Smoak the heartthrob disappears, easily replaced with the fluid personality Solace might find more comforting after such a roundabout statement. His off-white teeth catch a tendril of her mane and he tugs, playfully, before moving to pass behind her and stop at her opposite side. “What have I missed? Hyaline didn’t crumble without us around?” Smoak laughs, the sound sweeping away what’s left of the tense air.

Wyrm

Ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things?

Messages In This Thread
    Your smile is a thin disguise; SOLACE - by Wyrm - 01-18-2018, 05:21 PM
    RE: Your smile is a thin disguise; SOLACE - by Wyrm - 01-23-2018, 12:03 PM