• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; Gaza
    As she looks out across the meadow, her mind wanders. She wonders how many horses have passed through this territory through the years. From what she knows, the meadow has been here since the very start of Beqanna - an eternal, unchanging presence. Lives have changed here, relationships made and lost, lives started and ended … history made.

It was here that her grandmother had run into the stallion that had attacked her. Here that, in the heat of the assault, Lyris’ mother had been created. A simple, every day horrible act, that had changed so much. Without it, Lyris would not be here.

Odd to think about, really. Such a horrible thing to be thankful for. But she is. Because without it she wouldn’t exist.

She shakes her head suddenly, trying to clear her head. Such a weird, melancholy train of thought.

Thankfully a welcome distraction is on its way. As she tries to concentrate on the land before her, a large black shape moving in her direction catches her attention. She focuses in, curious. It’s a stallion, a massive black stallion. He continues on towards her, not stopping until he too is under the shade of the oak. He says he’s here for the shade and while she doesn’t entirely believe him (she’s met too many horses with ulterior motives), she lets it be. There’s no point in trying to call him on it, and besides, the oak probably is the only tree in the meadow throwing enough shade to cover his bulk.

He seems friendly enough anyway (and not at all like the last weirdo she met here), and she flashes a smile at his head as it sticks out from behind the tree. “Lyris. Nice to meet you.” God he really is a big creature, must be some draft in there somewhere. Probably doesn’t do well in the summer heat. “Heat getting to yah there big guy?” She snorts quietly. “Want some help with that?”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Messages In This Thread
    I’ll burn this whole city down; Gaza - by Lyris - 06-14-2015, 11:54 PM
    RE: I’ll burn this whole city down; Gaza - by Lyris - 06-24-2015, 02:47 AM