• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the middle of the night; anyone
    The warmness of her companion did a lot for the quiet girl's demeanor. She even found a small laugh bubbling up at his most recent words. Somehow she doubted stealing was in his nature, but she'd not dispute the claim. He went on to mention the Tundra and she thought she might remember that one. It was the bachelor herd and for some reason that did not surprise her that he'd chose that life. She wasn't sure why but it didn't "I certainly cannot blame you. The company would have to be exceptional to make somewhere that cold home." The Jungle was it's counterpart she knew, but she never recalled having any desire to live there. She understood it was a safe haven for mares, but the bay mare had never had enough trouble with stallions to warrant avoiding them for the rest of her life.

When he asked her last home it took some thought to dredge the names from her memory. "The Dale was one I believe, my sister.. adopted lived there. The Chamber was another, but I never really settled anywhere to be honest. The Meadow is as home to me as either of those." It had always been so. Sure. she had stayed in one place for awhile at times but she never had felt that intense desire to stay as some did. Or pride in a home. Or protectiveness. No, the land never called to her like it seemed to others.

"I don't know why but I never had the desire. Perhaps though I might visit these new kingdoms, maybe something will be there that wasn't before."  She looked again to the borders. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to push herself into the unknown and explore what had been made. It might not be the same, but perhaps what she had been missing could be found now, in one of these new places.

She turned her gaze back to her companion, "do you have a favorite of these new kingdoms? Anywhere special?

ooc: @[Merrik] did you see the pretty baby?! also my bad i definitely didn't see your reply until now >.<

Messages In This Thread
    in the middle of the night; anyone - by Amanita - 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM
    RE: in the middle of the night; anyone - by Amanita - 03-03-2018, 10:52 PM