• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

watch me close, erebor/any
    It had always been difficult for Ea to connect with others. Being friendly was not one of the things her mother had taught her in her training – how to conduct oneself and hone her gifts, sure. But she was never told how to make friends. She did know that friends were important to a princess, especially important friends, but it was making them that had been the problem. As a young child she had met one young girl – Da – who piqued her interest. Ea and Da were alike in many ways and not at all in others. They were young and quiet, thoughtful and calculating. But where Ea was cold and reserved, Da was wild. She belonged to the wilderness, spoke to the trees. Ea found it silly, but found herself fond of Da nonetheless. She had met others, of course, in the Amazons and the Meadow, but they were merely acquaintances. Da was somewhere in between.

She is still young – only two years old. A child in body, though not an awkward one. She is small, still growing – a delicate child, short in stature and lean. The silver girl would be rather unremarkable if she didn’t carry herself the way she did – poised, dignified, strong. Like the princess she was and the queen she would be.

The summers in Beqanna were hot; unbearably so, though the Amazons arguably saw the worst of it. Ea was not a fan of the extreme, sticky heat of the Jungle, and often sought refuge in the Meadow though she was often forced to speak to others because of it. She was never one to hide on the outskirts of the busy meadow, however. Today she chooses to stand alone underneath a large tree near the center, finding shade where she can. She is rarely approached by others – perhaps her somewhat off-putting demeanor or odd, color-changing eyes are less than inviting – and while normally she would be the first to approach, she finds herself unmotivated to start in on a conversation with one of the many others in the meadow today. Instead, she stands amongst the high grass with a cool, relaxed confidence as she watches those around her.

Messages In This Thread
    watch me close, erebor/any - by Ea - 06-15-2015, 11:58 AM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Erebor - 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
    why can't you be more... interesting - by Smother - 06-18-2015, 04:00 PM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Ea - 06-26-2015, 01:45 PM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Erebor - 06-27-2015, 11:03 PM