• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

watch me close, erebor/any

We are at war. There will be scars.

He recognizes the second mare to approach, although he doesn't know a thing about her. He doesn't know that she's his half-sister. He hasn't had the benefit of that particular education – and to be honest, even if he had, it wouldn't really bother him. He's not much of one to be concerned with the black sheep of his father's half of the family. Much as knowing of Warship's previous dalliances would no doubt change his opinion of his father, Erebor does not place the man on such a pedestal that his fall would bring down the both of them.

Erebor idolizes one thing, and one thing only: the Chamber.

Before Erebor himself can reply to the girl, the new mare speaks. The fact that she knows him is a little unnerving, but he's had this happen before and so that concern doesn't come through on his face. He thinks back to the conversation with the girl Da, who had known because the trees had told her. This one doesn't strike him as anything quite so out of the ordinary. She is clever, he doesn't doubt that, but there is no hum of the extraordinary to her.

He watches the painted mare as she speaks of something she shouldn't know, and he continues to watch her as she steps closer, declaring that all is well with her keeping company with them. He isn't sure what to make of her, but he is not one to be intimidated. As Ea speaks, Erebor's eyes move easily back to her. "The Chamber." His voice is rich, deep, and pleasant. "Straia, my mother, is queen there."

He looks back and forth between the two young mares, not because he is uneasy, but because he wishes to include them both in the conversation. "My name is Erebor. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting either of you before, although you – " he nods to Smother "-seem to know of me." he smiles, small and wry as his gaze turns back to Ea. "I would be flattered, but…I just don't think I'm actually notorious." He offers dryly, with a hint of a chuckle.

He can smell the jungle all over the first girl, and he can smell the scent of the borderlands on the other one. There is no hint of Chamber on her, nothing that would give the boy an indication that she would know his home. She doesn't even look like his father, so all his powers of observation cannot help him. "Now you both knows me. Tell me a little bit about you. What are your names, and where do you come from?"

He's very keenly interested in knowing how the paint girl had gotten his name, and how she'd known exactly who he was. It's not something he hides, but it's also not something he wears on his sleeve. For all his pride in his home, he's not proud in himself. He doesn't brag, especially not about his title as prince. He considers the title something that he must prove himself worthy of carrying every day, not something that he deserves. Blood earns you nothing as far as he is concerned; only things for which one has worked hard are worth bragging about.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

<3

Messages In This Thread
    watch me close, erebor/any - by Ea - 06-15-2015, 11:58 AM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Erebor - 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
    why can't you be more... interesting - by Smother - 06-18-2015, 04:00 PM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Ea - 06-26-2015, 01:45 PM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Erebor - 06-27-2015, 11:03 PM