• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

-- you're my misguiding light

Khaedrik – catalyst of nightmares – should not be cowering in the darkness.

Perhaps one day he would learn not to fear his own mind. But today, he is saved from the suffocating insanity by a girl with vampire-fangs and a seeming taste for things that go bump in the night. His haunted eyes snap open as she draws nearer – and the naked terror in them soon subsides as they fix on her small form. A filly – barely older than himself.
    The glitter-dark of his eyes simmer with disgust as the spider goes crunch-crunch between her teeth. But there is something else there too – behind the vacancy of his gaze is a glimmer of curiosity. The fangs doesn´t scare him, oh no, he has seen things far more terrifying than this fanged girl with a taste for bugs.

Not when the black fingers of shadows comb through the knots and tangles of his mane; not when something stirs – something sinuous and wild – in the pitch-black behind him; not when the white-hot prick of gleaming eyes burn on his back.  They have come out to play, and they are not at all satisfied with her bold actions.

”You shouldn´t have done that” he deadpans – still regarding her with his head tilted to the side. Her presence – and lack of fear has put my little shadow-master at ease. The glimmer of curiosity grows stronger behind the veil of lurid indifference in his eyes. But the monster behind him snarls a toothy warning, and he cowers.

”Go away” he begs the monster – but it is reluctant to obey tonight. Khaedrik can feel its hot breath trail down his neck in warning as it recoils and his golden flesh shivers. He is sick sick sick of monsters and shadows.

”Who are you?” he demands to know. Khaedrik has little experience with pleasantries and social interactions, not when the fanged beast of smoke and darkness in the corner regards their every move.

Messages In This Thread
    -- you're my misguiding light - by Khaedrik - 01-27-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Kaurma - 01-27-2018, 09:21 PM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Khaedrik - 01-31-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Trekori - 02-01-2018, 01:14 AM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by sochi - 02-02-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Kaurma - 02-03-2018, 10:05 PM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Khaedrik - 02-05-2018, 06:33 PM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Trekori - 02-08-2018, 01:53 AM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by sochi - 02-12-2018, 09:24 PM
    RE: -- you're my misguiding light - by Kaurma - 02-19-2018, 02:53 PM