• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright - Any
    Jealousy wasn't an emotion I was capable of, envy maybe, but jealousy no.  Since coming into the land of rolling knolls of greenery I had envied my sisters abilities.  How she could soar amongst the blackened, starlit skies.  Those were the only skies I knew.  Even to look at the daylit morning burned my eyes.  Each new day, the sun chased me into one of the many caves amongst the cragged landscape at the kingdoms edges.  Only to reveal myself when the moon replaced the ball of fire in the skies.  

When again the world became dimlit, I awoke.  Rising and stretching with a fanged gapping yawn.  I often did not sleep well. The day walkers were loud creatures.  Hooves thundered atop grassy plains, a gentle flicker of tail, even the most secret of whispers echoed in my ears.  The constant commotion caused deep sleep to escape me.  Perhaps it was time to find a new cavern that was farther from the bustling lands...

Creeping from the dank environment I knew so well, my eyes are bright.  The slightest of starlight illuminated my surroundings that it could be mistaken as day(to me).  I grin happily that my flesh does not burn under the cloak of darkness.  My face upturns to watch the stars twinkle brightly.  The moon, only a sliver, rises slowly.  My freedom these days have grown shorter, and I know I must make the most of my time.  

A beating of wings draws my attention as I know who it must be, my sister.  When my name carries upon the breeze this is confirmed.  Ebony ears twist atop my crown, and I am closing the distance between us.  Stepping out to see her beside two strangers, speaking to them kindly.  Amber eyes find the pair, one much lighter than the other, smaller too.  So far I had failed at my attempt to make friends.  The foals of the playground seemed threatened by me.  Perhaps they should be, I was not normal.  

I stand beside my sister.  Looking to her and then to the mother and child.  A grin creases my dark lips to reveal my pearly fangs as I attempt my own greeting, "Hello. I'm Kaurma." Stepping forward, my muzzle lowers to the child sleeping soundly.  Ears flickering back, then forward again.  The day walkers were always sleeping when I roamed the lands.  A sighed huff of air left me as my head rose again.  Accepting that once again I was to entertain myself this evening...
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around
    HTML by Call

@[Imbolc] @[Solace]
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

Messages In This Thread
    Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright - Any - by Imbolc - 01-30-2018, 04:58 PM
    RE: Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright - Any - by Kaurma - 02-13-2018, 09:42 AM