• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright - Any
    I know my way through the night to your door
    A mouthful of tender grass was being ground by her molars as they were joined in company. The roaned woman eyed the two new faces with interest, moving on quickly from the drop of spoiled anticipation when she first saw they weren't who she really sought. The two girls who walked up were as opposite as faces could be, but they held similar enough shapes to show they shared some heritage between them. Swallowing her bit of grass in her own time, she watched the two interact as they introduced themselves. Glancing back down at her still-sleeping child, she returned her gaze to the girls. "You, I've heard of. You, I haven't." Indicating first the grown woman, then the child who'd come from the shadows. She nodded at the pale Solace respectfully, her words not unkind. She then gave a harder look to the younger girl, who had been looking inquisitively at the curled up colt. She didn't look much older than him, really. Her eyebrow quirked when the fading light glinted off the nubby fangs peeking from her lips, but she didn't mention them. All sorts of strange folk lived in these lands, her son's father included.

"A nice evening, yes. We couldn't have hoped for better traveling weather. It's been a long journey, especially on the lad. Name's Tickaani, Tick to my friends. And this little one is Imbolc. He hasn't been around long enough to make friends just yet." She commented in a quiet but audible voice. Her gaze fell again to the young girl, who looked so eager for a playmate, yet had left the pale boy undisturbed. "He'll wake up again before you know it. Just tired from the road, is all." She murmured low to the filly. She wanted her son to go play. He hadn't had nearly enough of it in his short life. Turning back to Solace, whom she knew to be the leader here, she smiled softly as she returned her mind to her current business. "I'm seeking friends of mine. A pair of them, actually. A girl called Keeper, and a boy named Ryan. Could use a few words with them, and we'll not bother your hospitality beyond that." She offered with a flick of her tail. Tick had been cursed with itchy feet and a wandering soul, so she knew she wasn't here to stay. But she needed advisement, and her son needed rest. So if the pale queen before them saw fit, this rest would be a wonderful reprieve for the both of them.

Imbolc stretched in his grassy nest, a hush of breath puffing from his lips. He hadn't been asleep long, but even their quiet words must have disturbed him. She looked at him as his eyelashes fluttered, threatening to unveil the baby blue orbs underneath. Perhaps Kaurma would have a playmate here sooner than expected..
    tickaani

Messages In This Thread
    Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright - Any - by Imbolc - 01-30-2018, 04:58 PM
    RE: Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright - Any - by Tickaani - 02-13-2018, 06:19 PM