• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what turns up in the dark; nexu
    As much as she is determined to be different, she is much the same as those before her.

The rough, bitter language from the newcomer’s mouth is replaced with a sound that warms the corners of her mind. It stills the instincts that fluttered at the linings of her intestines (“Run away or fight! Danger!”) and so she moves closer, an armored shadow moving against more shadow to dance with the light.

The language again, this time with a soothing undertone. Her knife-tail flicks behind her heels, scattering dead leaves around them. There is something burrowing in her belly, warning her that she is not safe.

Danger.

It’s the instincts again, painful and loud in the wilderness of her mind, but the voice is gentle and pleading and she is a child. When the thought floods in (“sister; let me in; help”) and she can understand it, her large dark head shakes roughly. She can faintly sense the prodding sensation at the back of her mind — it feels like the soft patter of rain on her shoulders or perhaps the weight of a heavy frond across her back.

She trills again, but it is more confused this time. Her teeth grind together but she steps closer again, tall legs bringing her within touching distance of whoever this “sister” is.

(Sorry this took me so long, I've been so busy D: I hope this is alright for you! I'm fine with taking this in any direction, just as a little fyi haha)

Messages In This Thread
    what turns up in the dark; nexu - by violence - 01-30-2018, 09:10 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by Nexu - 02-11-2018, 04:39 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by violence - 02-11-2018, 05:53 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by Nexu - 02-22-2018, 06:49 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by violence - 02-24-2018, 04:20 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by Nexu - 03-04-2018, 09:02 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by violence - 03-11-2018, 06:54 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by Nexu - 04-02-2018, 08:21 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by violence - 04-29-2018, 06:49 PM
    RE: what turns up in the dark; nexu - by Nexu - 05-18-2018, 08:03 PM