• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Takei.

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

It runs in the family, I suppose, this inability to properly care for those around you, never mind yourself. Trekk and Noori are trying to again, but that leaves little to no attention devoted just to me. I get by though, and yeah I'm growing up quick, but it's clear that he did too. All my siblings did; we had to. We weren't allowed to be dependent - I mean, there wasn't really much to depend upon.

Our parents mean well, and we can both see that. Despite some reservations, we also give them passes for their shortcomings - there's no point in holding their negligence against them. They would be too distracted to listen.

When Takei allows that Noori has indeed been through a lot of shit, I nod gravely. She has, and again, I forgive her for that which she cannot give me. I am growing up quick, but I'm also doing fine on my own; my ribs might poke out a bit, but I'll get there soon. Wherever the hell there is, anyway. And maybe I can help my brother get there, too; he seems about as lost as I am.

I smile weakly at his failed attempt at a familial touch, grateful for how quickly he recovers after the awkward moment. I do not mean to accentuate the stumble by any means, but there is little for me to do. So instead I listen to his final words, and nod in agreement. "I am too."

Glancing behind me, I figure that it's about time I head back - back to where is questionable, though I do have something of an idea. I look back to Takei. "Well, I better head out. Thank you for meeting with me, brother. It's good to have a face for your name." I grin a little, trying out his expression on my own face. "If you ever feel like it, you can find me in Ischia."

Stepping forward, I do what he could not, pressing my nose to his. A kind of goodbye - though I hope to see him again soon.

GOOD THREAD BEEB

Messages In This Thread
    Takei. - by Trekori - 02-01-2018, 12:58 AM
    RE: Takei. - by takei - 02-15-2018, 10:41 PM
    RE: Takei. - by Trekori - 02-19-2018, 11:12 PM
    RE: Takei. - by takei - 02-26-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: Takei. - by Trekori - 03-01-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: Takei. - by takei - 03-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: Takei. - by Trekori - 03-10-2018, 06:34 PM