• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Rewrite the Stars [open]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The floodwaters are finally starting to recede. On the main island, they have stretches of beach again and are almost down to normal pools of water once more. The farthest Islands are still pretty much impassable and the middles ones are pretty watery, but at least they are getting closer to reasonable. Still, a man can only stare at extra water for so long; after completing a tour of the outer islands, Brennen had flown under the peaceful cover of stars to the mainland, landing in the sweet spring grasses of the Field.

Perhaps after a massive monsoon is not the best time to seek new residents, but he doesn’t want to disturb anyone resting in one of the other common lands; those in the Field are less likely to be sleeping. It isn’t the safest place, even though it’s reasonably safe almost everywhere in Beqanna. It’s not a busy place, either, but he can see a duo of mares across the dusky expanse and so he folds his massive wings and ambles in their direction, black-tipped ears pricked to catch their words from afar. He’s too late to catch the splashed girl’s name but he does hear she is from Sylva and the spotted mare’s name is Allegria.

Brennen comes to an easy halt close enough to speak quietly to them, to moderate his deeper voice in the same way they are. “Hello,” he offers a fleeting half-smile to each of them. His honey-brown eyes linger for a moment extra on the filly. Once he would have judged a parent, a caretaker for letting a youngster wander so far alone; but he has a somewhat looser definition of good parenting since trying to help raise his granddaughter’s three girls and his own Bristol, who have been keeping him on his toes more than his other children ever did. Plus, Beqanna is a safer place than it was when he raised most of his children.

For now. He can’t help but think the holding pattern won’t last forever.

After that long moment he turns his curious eyes to the one whose scent betrays her as a newcomer. She’s a fun color, all the spots. Of course they have appaloosas in Beqanna but not as many as even the crazy colors, so it’s still a fun and intriguing coat to look at. It reminds him of Errant’s Lea, and man does that take him back a ways. “I’m Brennen,” he introduces himself to the pair of them. “Of Ischia. Have you traveled far, Allegria?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Rewrite the Stars [open] - by Allegria - 02-04-2018, 01:36 PM
    RE: Rewrite the Stars [open] - by Lavendel - 02-04-2018, 06:06 PM
    RE: Rewrite the Stars [open] - by Allegria - 02-04-2018, 10:07 PM
    RE: Rewrite the Stars [open] - by Lavendel - 02-07-2018, 03:42 PM
    RE: Rewrite the Stars [open] - by Brennen - 02-07-2018, 06:26 PM