• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I Got Nothing

A little breeze goes a long way

The andalusian white chuckled at the comment that she had the other mare figured out. Quite the contrary, she thought, or at least she did not want to presume to know another so quickly. Still, Ilma had had the inkling about the wings for a while, and the question about her own had perked her interest. "Oh, I don't know about that; there's probably more to you than just a pair of wings," she offered cheerfully. She couldn't help but feel delighted in the other mare's presence however, she was surely enjoyable company. In time, she would make a great friend, she thought. If this Hyaline was indeed a place she could enjoy just as much as Kagerus, then it was probable that she would stay.

She blinked at the other female's explanation about the dreams, but only for a moment. Well. All right. If she can be born with wings, why not? It rose another dozen questions, though - what other abilities are out there, are they learned or were you born with it, what would happen if Kagerus had a nightmare? - but none seemed to surface right away, or all at once so that still, she appears silent. And as Kagerus continued about Ilma's other question, she hadn't yet got the time to word them all.

The different names dazzled her a little; but the essence seemed quite clear. No wars going on, so she has actually arrived at a peaceful time. With not enough warriors to even be at war, that seemed quite okay to the Andalusian mare. She wouldn't dare dream it would forever stay that way, but it seemed that at least for a longer time, there would be peace. She nodded along with Kage's story, her eyes taking on an interested gleam when she mentioned the children - lost souls should indeed have a home, and she could imagine living and working with young ones easily. She smiled. "It sounds like a perfect home." she agreed, although she found it only a little odd that Kagerus seemed to want to fight, even in a friendly competition.

As her stomach had settled by now, Ilma shook her head at the last question. "So far, a dozen and none." she offered. "Clearly I have a lot to learn about your ability and other's, but on the other hand, I would like to stretch my wings. Say, do yours stay on until you have another dream?" she wondered. Was there a chance that if they flew up high, Kagerus might lose her wings halfway?

Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-08-2018, 03:33 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-08-2018, 05:03 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-09-2018, 03:01 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 02:17 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-11-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-11-2018, 02:27 PM