• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    Despite the sensation of baking beneath the tropical sun, muscular tissue quivers as if chilled; quivers in anticipation. Azure orbs study Brennen's form and, expression, in hopes of learning how to read one's subconscious betrayal of emotion. Fortunately for Brennen, Jesper had no clue what he is looking for and, unfortunately for Jesper, Brennen was far too socially experienced to betray his subconscious. Obviously, such a combination would lead the amateur steed nowhere. So, Jesper inhales a single, deep breath before ribs contract to push warm puff out of his body with a soft sigh. Fuzzy acoustics lock upon black-tipped mahogany stallion as icy blue gaze follows his every move.

Obsidian bronc hangs on male's every word as his smooth tone emits through the island's increasing haze. Ischia. Jesper repeats the word multiple times, rolling it around in his mouth and, his mind. He did so as though the island had been introduced to him before and, rolling it over and over would stir up and loosen the memory. He had not heard it before so, there was no affiliation to jog loose; however, the taste left behind is a warm, pleasant one. Jesper tunes in as soon as Brennen's voice breaks the silence a second time. Jesper cannot help but sense that Brennen's questions imply he is well-versed in the language of Beqanna.

Raven-pelted steed inhales and, exhales, once to collect himself before thick-lashed eyelids close with first words. Jesper begins, "I found shelter in the Forest. I had settled into this isolated cave for the night. I was curled up on the floor and, fell asleep. The next details seem a blur." Jesper pauses in an attempt to remember where reality ends and, imagination begins. Jesper proceeds with, "My dream seemed to pick up right where I was. I was sleeping on the floor of this cave. The moonlight beamed into the cave. Then, in my dream, I am awoken by a voice." Again, Jesper falls quiet and slips into his own thoughts as he allows the memory to envelop him all over again. That voice. Her voice. "I think the voice was her voice; Bethanie's voice; mom's voice." He had never said this out-loud so, hearing the words come from his own maw, stun Jesper into a brief silence. Inevitably, a mix of emotions wash over jet-black youth.

He continues; however, speech now reflects a somber tone. "She urged me to trust her... to follow her. She almost seemed to apologize. The next thing I know, I am on my feet and, following her voice. Her voice is drifting away so, I pursue it. I walk right through the beam of moonlight after her. Next thing I know, I am awake and, standing here on the sands of Ischia." Jesper can only hope that this makes some sense to Brennen. Not that he was looking for an explanation of his dream. No, he wanted to know something more specific. "Why would she direct me here? To Ischia? To you, Brennen?"

aww, thank you, devin! I love reading yours as well <3

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by splash - 02-13-2018, 01:14 AM