• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Doll || Scorch || Any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She is such a good, good daughter - a fact that Scorch will not take for granted. When she first had daughters - twins, believe it or not - she hadn't exactly raised them in such a way that would inspire good characters. Scorch was young then, barely an adult, blinded completely by selfish ambition and her inability to process emotion. She was left with two estranged daughters, one seemingly lost forever and unforgiving, the other leading a promiscuous and sad, anguished life.

But Philomena - here, all of Scorch's personal improvements, all of her hard work and love, it has paid off. She can see that in the way the appaloosa holds her gaze, but even moreso in the way she shines with heart, with love. That, truly, is all one needs to succeed - and Scorch intends to encourage the growth of that characteristic.

"Of course they haven't love, they are eager to have such a bright and curious presence around." She's chuckling as she speaks, warmth seeping from her every pore. Yes, she has come a far way from the once neglectful, hateful mother she started out as. "Perhaps you'd like to show me your most favourite one this afternoon? I've no obligations today." Scorch smiles, reaches out, tousles Mina's forelock. What a good, good girl.

"Well, let us walk and I'll tell you some of what my errands consist of." They both turn then, Mina carrying herself proudly (Scorch blatantly proud herself, of the little warrior). The sparse Nerinian forest slowly falls behind them, a gradient transition from land to sea. "First I went to the field and met a mare called Sloene; I am hoping that she and her daughter will come to Nerine, so that you might have a friend to play with."

"Then I went to the stealing grounds to say a riddle to the faeries; no one has blocked it yet, but there is still time. Most recently I went on a diplomatic visit to Sylva, and met with their queen, Sabra. She is beautiful, but beauty won't fill an empty kingdom." She feels comfortable saying this because her kingdom, too, is feeling rather empty.

When something catches Scorch's eye, her ears perk up and she raises her head to see better - but they still aren't close enough. "So where have you brought me today, daughter? I am quite intrigued."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Doll || Scorch || Any - by Philomena - 02-13-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: Doll || Scorch || Any - by Scorch - 02-16-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: Doll || Scorch || Any - by Philomena - 02-18-2018, 08:40 PM
    RE: Doll || Scorch || Any - by Scorch - 02-21-2018, 01:29 AM