• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ilma, any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I glow under her kind words, feeling as if perhaps she can truly see me for the light and good soul that I am, whereas others have latched on to the more shadowy parts of my character. But nonetheless I smile and shimmer under her gaze, feeling as if I haven't found a recruit, but a friend.

"I can't wait to know all about you, Ilma."

At the end of my spiel, the beautiful white mare agrees that Hyaline sounds like the perfect home. And honestly, even as a hypothetical unbiased third party, I agree. And it's not just because I made it sound perfect; it just really, really is.

There's a grin on my face and a wind beneath my wings as I unsteadily unfurl them, giddy to be test driving them as it were. "I will try to help you be more comfortable with the stranger things Beqanna has to offer - but for now, I think it's your turn to help me figure out how to use these things!" I flap my glimmering bay wings like a dork, but I pause at her last question. "Oh, they'll stick around for about three hours! Long enough by far to get us to Hyaline. Come on!"

And so, watching Ilma as she gracefully extends her crystalline appendages to embrace the wind, I carefully imitate her and, with some false starts and a few laughs, we have take off. The wind is too loud for us to converse as we climb through the heavens and glide across them, but in a way, we bond more deeply than words could enable. She follows my glances and when I get buffeted in the wrong direction, it is Ilma who shows me, in her expert way, how to right myself and keep on going.

The breath taking mountain range of Hyaline does not take long to appear, and it seems like only minutes have passed as we approach the earth once more. I watch Ilma land elegantly, gently gliding until her hooves come parallel to the earth and she walks off the remaining momentum. I, on the other hand, flap my wings and jostle myself royally in an attempt to lower myself completely vertically. When there is about two feet left beneath me, I drop with a loud thud, shocking my knees, though a wild and wanton grin is smeared across my face in complete abandon.

"Wow! That was exhilarating, I can't believe you get to do that any time you want. I gotta say though, I was a lot more elegant in my dream." I laugh at myself, shaking my head and sighing. "Thank you for helping me through that." I reach out and press my muzzle to her shoulder in gratitude, then left it to gaze around us.

"Well, this is it. Welcome to Hyaline."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Ilma] @[Solace] Hey Solace! Come meet our potential new member!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 12:44 AM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-14-2018, 02:44 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 02-16-2018, 07:39 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-19-2018, 04:43 AM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 02-21-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-22-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-23-2018, 05:16 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 03-17-2018, 01:21 PM