• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Strange Place || Any

eat your pretty little heart out.

Wether they realized it or not, the green bitch was getting exactly what she wanted. A reaction. She craved the caged violence that flew from their lips in hushed undertones, she begged for the merciless belittlment they instilled. The woman leans into her hip as the quiet one begins to speak, the bloody mare beside her becoming a storm of flying words. They throw bricks at her, try to tear her into a million pieces for their dogs to ravage upon. But no, not today.

She allows their voices to play gently on the wind and lets the knowledge sink deep into the hate-laced marrow in her ivory bones. Her gaze turns to the shadowy woman and she chuckles, of course, she was a queen. No wonder Rant had been so intrigued. Perhaps the other a diplomat then? But of course, she was if she was here speaking with her. No wonder Rant was still here at all. She senses (though barely) resistance in the two. It was clear they didn't need her, but if they hadn't, why were they still standing there? 
    "Tell me girl, is it you who has supplied the backbone of your home?"
    She refuses to answer the questions at hand. Yet another checkmate for her in the game the three seemed to play. "Or is it your queen?" She means no disrespect, but she is confused almost. If Nerine could spare their queen for a few hours to find exactly what they needed, how could Hyaline not? While the toxic mare knew the mountain queen had recruited at some point in her life her absence spurs Rant's drone. 

The girl wanted a team. A word Rant was unfamiliar with. Teams didn't exist. All teams fizzled and turned on each other in the end, no matter how perfect they appeared to be. The land would tell you this much if you listened to it. Beqanna would tell you that much if you listened to it.

"With my hard bargain out of the way I turn to you once more queen of Nerine." Her ears flip lazily, for now, she is done trying to climb the ladder. For now, she would settle with the bottom rung if it simply gave her knowledge. After all, it had taken her years to get to where she was before. Something told her she might be willing to wait again. Besides, she could drag her game out longer if she waited. Hadnt that been how the wolves caught their meals?

"Define for me your kingdom and I will define mine." She does not wait for an answer, instead, she spurs onward. "I see power and fire molded into the sweat of a good army. I see rulers unafraid of their regents though feared by those flippant enough to cross them." She waits for a moment, imagining then what she had built with Tamlin. She can not dwell however and her eyes travel to the storm painted sky. "I see a kingdom bonded with blood and war. Beqanna tells me these kingoms once existed." She had felt the age of the land, but the rebirth of it was not so long ago it felt. Rant would be a liar if she had said she hadn't heard the ghost stories of the reckoning. Something she hadn't been around to see, but one she had known about her whole life. "Do they exist now? Does the hard work of your people stitch your lands together or rip them apart." The answer may redefine her vision but it would not change her mind. She had come from famine and death into a land of quiet whispering and silent killers. Do these mares understand that she would kill for a monarch she believed in? Do they realize she would die to push a kingdom she loved onto the tail of power and the back of the earth's respect? She smiles faintly. No. No they probably do not. "Kagerus I'd like to meet your queen, though, a visit to Nerine would be nice. Perhaps Beqanna has earned another soldier." If she had played her cards right they may be confused, though something tells Rant the mares are not only smart but Brilliant. They had clearly seen what she was trying to do. Let's see if they could stay caught up.

A M A R A N T H A

((I feel like every time I write Rant I needah say that I LOVE y'alls ladies and im V sorry for whatever her muse possesses me to say. EDIT AFTER I FINISHED WRITING: I hope that didnt ramble I tamed the beast halfway through.))
    [Image: amaranthpixel_by_voltum-dc324q8.png]
    A m a r a n t h a
    ☆.。.

Messages In This Thread
    Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-13-2018, 04:47 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 11:36 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-14-2018, 04:27 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 03:35 AM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Kagerus - 02-16-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-16-2018, 07:10 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 11:31 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Kagerus - 02-19-2018, 05:00 AM