• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / any
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    There isn’t anyone there when she turns her head. Wishbone can feel her heart pounding so hard that it might burst through the membranes of her chest. Adrenaline courses through her body so quickly that she’s practically vibrating from her position on the ground. The path behind her (where she had cut through the grass on the other side of the stream, where her feet had slipped in the mud, where her legs had tripped over roots) is empty and void of danger.

In fact, a squirrel climbs down from the tree nearby and stares at her for a moment. Wishbone can picture the confusion on the creature’s face and she pins her ears in its direction, daring it to tease her even more. The girl knew she had an imaginative mind, but this was stretching it. The voice that breaks the silence pushes Wishbone’s doubts aside.

The entire scenario had been real, but the predator wasn’t a threat at all. The voice peels itself away from the tall grasses, revealing a tiger cub who isn’t attacking her. Wishbone scrambles up from her place on the ground, half-covered in dirt and mud, knees bleeding from the gashes. She barely feels the pain as she trots closer, still a bit wary. “Oh.”

Wishbone’s curious mind takes over, subduing all worries that remain. She’s seen shapeshifters before, but only in Tephra. Longclaw, the commander of Tephra and a close friend of her parents, could shift into a wolf. She’d seen him transform only a handful of times, but it had been enough that she isn’t surprised when it does happen.

“I’m Wishbone.” She’s half-smiling now and it looks untidy on her dark face. “My mom and dad’s friend, Longclaw, can change too… But he changes into a wolf.” She’s twisting around Sochi now, poking her nose in places it probably shouldn’t be. The orange and black fur feels soft against her face. “Are you orange and black as a horse too?”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 02-15-2018, 11:23 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by sochi - 02-21-2018, 10:47 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 02-26-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by sochi - 03-01-2018, 09:01 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 03-05-2018, 03:54 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by sochi - 03-12-2018, 08:49 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 03-29-2018, 06:37 PM