• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I sold my soul for this ~ Diplomatic [Lepis/ANY]
    He remembers her scent, but it isn’t Hestia’s alone that draws him out from the shadow of a rocky outcropping. His broad wings remain nestled at his sides, idly resting after his exploration with Solace. From the edge of the hill, he is able to discern the salty scent of Nerine as it rides on the autumnal breeze. It blankets him in comfort and triggers his memories to play and play again. Nerine holds the key to him; it’s a balm to soothe the raging beast inside him. A fleeting grin touches the corners of his mouth as he stands like an observant soldier. He is in no immediate rush until he sees young Lepis amble toward Hestia with the boldness of an adult. A low chuckle escapes him unbidden as he seizes the opportunity to join them now.

Heda arrives second, protectively standing by her daughter with eyes trained on the outsider. For a moment, Castile wonders what it would be like to have a child, a family to love, but the idea is gone as he reaches the trio and stops.

”Hestia,” he remembers her, but more of her ties to Nerine and how the salty air tangled her forelock. It’s strange how torn he is. His mind says Loess, his heart says Nerine, but the monster lingering in his soul screams for fire and Tephra. Mismatched eyes flicker to the mother and child. ”Lepis, Heda,” he utters their names as both greeting and introduction for the Nerinian Queen before trailing his eyes back to her, not repeating the question Heda has already asked.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~ Diplomatic [Lepis/ANY] - by Castile - 02-22-2018, 12:26 PM