• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I sold my soul for this ~ Diplomatic [Lepis/ANY]
    The stranger is waking up, and I tilt my head curiously. Sometimes when I wake up from a nap it takes me a moment to orient myself, so I know better than to chatter at her as soon as she's roused. Once, I'd had a dream that I was a fish swimming in the stream, and Momma's attempt to straighten my hair while I was still half-asleep had felt very oddly like someone pulling me out of the water. I don't want this black horse to feel like that, so I wait until she's awake.

She seems nice (even if she does feel the need to remind me of my size) but I don't have time to answer her before Momma arrives. I huff irritably from behind the protective shield of feathers, and make no attempt to quell the aura of frustration that emanates from me. Momma is familiar with it - I had inherited my ability to project emotions from her after all - but it might be startling to this stranger.

And to Uncle Castile, who has arrived just now as well. I do love Uncle Castile, and I duck beneath the safety of Momma's wing to come up beside him.

"Hi!" I chirp merrily up at him, forgetting entirely the fact that there is a stranger. I'm about to ask him if he'll do the dragon thing when the black mare speaks up again, and I spin around to look back at her. I lose my balance at the quick motion, but I catch myself on Momma's warm shoulder before I fall.

The stranger knows Uncle Castile, which obviously makes her intentions harmless. Momma is always very protective, but this Nerinian (look at me, knowing the right names for residents of kingdoms! How good my memory is!) is clearly here for benevolent reasons.

Except...

"Standing? You can stand here. Look, you're standing now. " I gesture helpfully toward her legs, which are doing a rather splendid job of keeping her upright. I cannot say the same for my own legs; they do not always do what I ask of them.

@[Heda]
    @[Castile]
    @[Hestia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~ Diplomatic [Lepis/ANY] - by Lepis - 02-23-2018, 05:29 PM