• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine || solace & any
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    In his headlong gallop, the stallion gathers his hooves beneath him as he slows his breakneck speed, slowing his once stretched-out stride to curiously glance around him, head still erect and ears pricked forward. He had heard her - but it is not on the ground that he finds her. Finally, almost bewilderedly, he glances up towards the sky above him.

At first, his bold gaze is met with the brilliance of the Hyaline sun, and the blue-scrubbed sky that the autumn wind has picked clean any clouds that may have formed every afternoon during the summer. Svedka blinks rapidly (at the same time continuing to gallop forward towards the lake), and is thankful for when the coolness of a shadow finds his eyesight. His pupils widen and constrict, the blue irises growing larger as his gaze focuses on the shadow - a horse, winged and regal, spirals eloquently above him. “Solace?!” he exclaims, throwing his head up with an excited bout of laughter, propelling himself forward with an adrenaline push of his strong hindquarters. When his body weight meets his forelegs he kicks out his heels, skidding to a stop just as his twin lands before him in a flurry of golden foliage mixed with the purple and greens of Hyaline’s countryside.

The two meet instantly, their matching bodies finding each other so familiarly. Svedka stretches forward to lip at the bright blue of her feathers (it reminds him of father, though not as dark as Warrick’s own wings), instantly overwhelmed with the smell of sky and sun on her skin, his nostrils fluttering contentedly.

It felt good to be home.

He snorts softly at the thought. Home? It is a funny thing, how priorities have changed with his growth.

Svedka feels her tug at his mane, adorned with a new feather to go alongside the one from his birth, and he wonders if she can smell the wildflowers of the meadow on him, or the rushing waters of the riverland that still dampen his coat.

“Adventures?” He repeats with a balk, taking a step back with a sharp stamp of his foreleg into the earth, surveying her with an incredulous look. “My adventures don’t even begin to match yours, sister. You’re flying now?!” He finishes with a sharp whinny of excitement, tossing his head and leaping forward to pivot himself to fall beside her, shoulder to shoulder. He chuffs, curling his chin into his chest. “Like father, like daughter.” He chuckles, his voice a bit quieter this time.

Svedka leans into her, feeling the velveteen of her sky blue feathers against his pale gold skin, settling beside her comfortably. The gentle tickle reminds him of his father (when he had been just a colt and Solace just a filly, kept warm and protected by the silent and sturdy wings of the now Tephran king), and he smiles to himself - it is only appropriate that Solace would come to have a pair of her own as well. His thought quickly jumps to Corvus - the winged lover that he desperately misses, especially with the coolness of autumn filtering in through all of Beqanna.

“Tell me your adventures first, Solace. I feel that it is a good story.”
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm carrying your heart in mine || solace & any - by Svedka - 02-22-2018, 07:45 PM