• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

her whole world's come undone

A little breeze goes a long way

The white winged mare was pleased to see the filly respond attentively, though her approach could have been more cautious had someone with lesser intentions called for her. Although... well maybe Ilma wasn't the one to lecture her on that right now. Remembering her speeddate with Ashhal, she quickly banished any ideas of telling the girl about not approaching any strangers - seeing as how she had done exactly the same. Ahem.

Her amber gaze did not reveal any of those thoughts however, and since the buckskin filly did not seem to pay attention she let the thoughts slide quickly. Noirmay, as was her name, seemed energetic and eager to learn more about other horses, so the white Andalusian mare followed through quickly. "My name's Ilma. Pleased to meet you, Noirmay. You have a pretty name." And a pretty appearance, Ilma thought, or maybe she just thought that all foals were pretty. She wondered if that was just a hormone-based thought. Undeveloped, Noirmay wasn't yet as stocky as she would be when grown up, and even then, well, Ilma always thought that there were differences and different opinions alike; what one thought to be pretty wasn't what another might think.

She was about to ask if she had any business here on her own, when the girl already blurted out directly what was on her mind. She mentioned a father, but no mother, and he was away now to look for a home. Did Ilma have a home? Well, actually yes. A save haven for any young girl like Noirmay and perhaps her daddy too. She caught the last sentence of the girl and chuckled a little. She hadn't seen a winter yet. "Winter's a time where there's hardly any good food and water to be found, and it can be terribly cold. It's easier to share whatever warmth and food one has with a herd, that's why." she explained. As an afterthought, she added; "Do you have any idea where your dad went just now? I have my home in Hyaline, and I'm sure you would both be welcome. There's more than one foal your age there. I think you might like it." she asked. Perhaps it would be good for Hyaline if her dad came with her, too; there were more than a few mares but scarcely any stallions.

Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    her whole world's come undone - by Noirmay - 02-17-2018, 01:56 PM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Ilma - 02-17-2018, 03:47 PM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Noirmay - 02-21-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Ilma - 02-21-2018, 02:15 PM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Noirmay - 02-26-2018, 10:54 PM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Ilma - 02-28-2018, 07:45 AM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Noirmay - 03-03-2018, 10:36 PM
    RE: her whole world's come undone - by Ilma - 03-06-2018, 04:25 PM