• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // ANY/Leilan

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

There's someone already at my little creek by the time I come across it.

He is silver and bay, a combination that my scouring purple eyes admire, though in truth I am not seeking company today. I am too cold, too hungry. But I am also thirsty, and at this point, it is too late for me to turn around and find a different place to quench my thirst. I clench my wings to my small ribs - I am nearly a yearling now, but undersized. Still, there is a gleam to my golden patches - and to the deep pools of my eyes.

"Pardon me," I murmur as I come up next to him, feeling the size difference between us painfully. Yes, I am young, but still. This stallion looks strong, virile, like he could knock me out in a single kick. But I put some energy into my wings, and make the glow of my root-like horn stronger - readying myself for the worst to come.

I lift my nose from the cool creek, water dripping from my tapered lips. I squint at the stranger, really seeing him for the first time. There's something about the roaning of his bay coat, about the way his head and eyes are shaped...

"I'm Trekori, son of Noori and Trekk. Do I know you?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // ANY/Leilan - by Trekori - 02-23-2018, 02:53 AM