• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ.
    She's livid.

Her hair has been sleeked back and tamed into a low bun, her silver eyes perfectly shadowed and lined, causing them to pop out against her black skin more than they usually do. A very thin black unicorn horn sprouts from her hairline and glimmers in the sunlight, freshly polished. Her nails were painted, black with diamonds at the base. She's dressed to the nines, in skin-tight black jeans, heals, and a blouse with a pure silver neckline, giving her an air of both money and fame. The whole outfit could easily be placed in the hundreds at first glance. And she smells amazing, too - a rare perfume spritzed across her wrists.

She's standing outside the mansion, snapping at the valet to just wait a minute as she lifted her cell phone to her ear. "Dad, I swear to god if you don't get here in the next thirty seconds, I'm going to make you regret retiring." Xiah usually doesn't take this aggressive of an approach with her father Errant, but for Christ's sake, it'd been his idea to come to this party at all! She'd have been quite happy to stay at her house on Learrant Coast, ditzing around and being an absolute drag on her parent's fortune - not that that item ever seemed to be any worse for wear. But anyway! Her father had begged her to come, saying that all of his other kids had turned down his request -- and now he doesn't even show. Figures! She doesn't even know anyone here.

Huffing and shoving her phone into her clutch, Xiah tossed her keys over to the valet, resigning herself to her fate. As she walked up the driveway, she frowned slightly at the broken tiger fountain, wondering at the story behind it. Probably some kids jealous of this family's money. She knew the feeling, anyway.

There seems to be a lot of commotion at the entry way, so Xiah bails out. Hoping she hadn't been spotted, the long-limbed woman makes her way around the side of the house. There's no fence - the land being far too large to section off like that - and soon, she's right in the thick of it. There's kids racing, soaping wet, out of the pool, and a few groups of adults. Through the open sliding-glass door she spots a group of younger men, and even deeper in the house, just an absolute shitload of people. Thank god she hadn't come through that way.

One of the gaggle of adults (more her age, though less her maturity level), talks loudly about shots, and Xiah jumps forward to join them. The other woman is dressed as nicely if not way nicer than herself, so she figures that if someone of her class is going to start knocking them back, well, she might as well too. Give Errant a drunk baby to scrape off the floor by the end of the night - serves him right, too.

"Well, I have no idea what Scorch's got in there, and I'm not about to go in there and find out," She starts, having come in to join the group. "But I do have this." Her hand disappears into her clutch (small, yes, but her magician of a father had designed it to hold a hoarder's amount of Things and Doodads despite its size for just these occasions), and comes out holding a bottle of Kors Vodka 24K George V Limited Edition. It's a bit flashy, but if these people are anything like her (this was a pretty familial affair, after all, with each family head being its own public figure), it will only surprise them a little.

Handing the bottle to the guy who introduced himself as Cagney, she dug into the clutch again and came out with four shot glasses. Distributing them, she then took back the vodka and administered it accordingly, finishing by laying it back in her magic bag. Then, with a gods-be-blessed smile curling her attractive lips, she raised her glass. "To raising hell, and looking good doing it." She tilted her head and slammed the drink back, cringing and shaking her head as the alcohol burnt on its way down. "Good stuff. I'm Xiah, by the way. Errant's daughter, if that means anything to you guys."

She leans back to listen to them jabber on then, enjoying the sensation she is left with after the vodka. Her silver eyes meander over the scenery, and suddenly something catches them - or someone, rather. She turns back to the gathered three. "I'm just going to go say hi to someone, but don't do anything fun without me. I'll be right over there." Smiling and hoping they will oblige her (cause god knows she'd be lost without them), Xiah scurries over to where some men are clustered around the barbeque.

"Brennen?" Her hand is on his arm as she comes around to face him, but she releases him when she confirms that it is indeed him. "It's good to see a familiar face around here. I'm Xiah, one of Errant's daughters. I spent a lot of time at Ice as a kid, not sure you saw me, but I saw you anyway." She glances around them, then lowers her voice and rolls her eyes. "I left dad a voicemail. He promised he'd be here. Maybe he got stuck in the fourth dimension trying to teleport or something." She scoffed, feeling the affects of that shot she'd taken. "Would serve him right!"

@[Volcan] @[Leilan] @[Brennen] @[Errant]

Messages In This Thread
    The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Scorch - 02-20-2018, 02:06 AM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by kahzie - 02-21-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Noori - 02-21-2018, 08:07 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by gun - 02-21-2018, 08:36 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Nihlus - 02-22-2018, 02:32 AM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Hestia - 02-22-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Nuage - 02-22-2018, 03:19 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Volcan - 03-02-2018, 03:14 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Leilan - 03-07-2018, 03:30 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Ea - 03-08-2018, 12:41 PM