• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

||Take These Broken Wings...|| {Volcan}
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die

Restless.

The air felt different this morning. It felt oppressively heavy, as if it had its own mind, and that mind desired to strangle, suffocate, murder.

She could feel it in her bones. Something was brewing. The animals could feel it, too. It was silent, and nothing was stirring. Birds did not sing.

She completed her usual patrols, anyway, completed the training exercises she committed herself to when she realised how woefully underprepared she was back at the Tephran training event... And, of course, as her gut told her, there was something. Beyond the woman standing at the edge of the cliff, standing at the edge and contemplating the bottom, the horizon darkened, and the wind started to whistle in her ears.

It was coming.

She fought the urge to immediately seek out shelter, that primal instinct that drove her to self-preservation. The one that drove her on, and on, always onwards. She meandered towards the woman on the cliff. Didn’t get too close to the edge, of course… After all, she’s just a touch unhinged, not wildly suicidal.

”Keep standing so close to the edge and you won’t even need to jump, the wind’ll take you.” the husky voice of the smokey woman drifted out across the gathering winds. She didn’t have to shout, yet, but she knew she would soon. She is no stranger to storms; of the desert, of the ocean, of the heart...all the same. All the fucking same. ”And I dunno about you, but if I were gunna throw myself over, well, I’d want it to be on my own terms.”

”What happened to you?” she asks, now, finally. She cocks a back-leg, sniffs - as if there’s no rush, no rush at all. As if the horizon wasn’t boiling with rain and electricity and wind, just waiting to smite them off the face of this miserable earth.

And anyway, she’s far too stubborn to let something like a natural disaster get rid of her. Try harder, Nerine.

Messages In This Thread
    ||Take These Broken Wings...|| {Volcan} - by Nymf - 02-22-2018, 11:28 AM
    RE: ||Take These Broken Wings...|| {open} - by Volcan - 02-22-2018, 12:09 PM