• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open}
    Engelsfors

on tarnished golden wings

Gossamer cream threads flick along my willowy neck, with ever stride they roll like liquid against every knot of sinew. The autumn air is still warm, the crust of leaves beneath my feet give way to satisfying crunches as I walk the outskirts of the Chamber, to the Field. Straia's words were a promise in my eyes, a promise to do well, a promise to get the job done. I am pretty sure she'd be pleasantly surprised with how able bodied I am and just how quick off the mark I can be. My hooves had only just graced Chamber soil and I was already back to the Field on a recruitment trip. My golden body shifts between the naked trees, their boughs bend and bow before me as my lofty frame snakes through the trunks, sloping shoulders shifting around corners, my powerful hindquarters changing direction. I had ingrained the scent of pine into my brain, into my skin, into my mind. The aroma was strong, palatable on the tongue. I may be new to Beqanna and new to the Chamber, yet I was learning the little nooks and crannies that this world had to offer.

My wanderings bring me to the Field in early morning light; it bathes the emerald plain in a glorious tangerine light, pinks and purples. My sapphire gaze sweeps over, drinks in the sights, my nasal passages flare, inhaling the rich, crisp scent of autumn and new arrivals. My hooves beat out a brilliantly rhythmic crescendo, hypnotic, like my gaze, like my willowy frame bending in and out of the trees like a golden flicker of light. When I finally break through the rough boughs and fallen leaves, I enter the vast field and spot two ladies; one as bright as fire and the other as dark as mahogany wood. I blow a snort, inhaling them. I can't place neither but I am too new to this land, and I'm slowly acclimatising to it's ways, to the way the autumn air was tepid, yet cool. The way that the flash rain suddenly came and went, as if by sheer magic. I step closer, my hooves breaking the crisp leaves underfoot with satisfying crunches. Sapphire eyes find the bright chestnut first, listening to her words, then I tear my gaze from her to the obvious newcomer, who just so happens to be knee deep in mud and dirt. My golden neck arches slightly, velveteen dipping low. 'Good Morning, Ladies. I am Engelsfors, from the Chamber. Lovely crisp morning, is it not?' I turn a gilded ear towards Azula, listening to her. She's offering a home, a shelter to rest the newcomer's weary head. I lift my muzzle, gesturing to the way I came through the thick underbrush of morning shadows, the scent of pine still on the air. 'The Chamber also offers a sturdy place to rest your weary head, if you so desire.' my blue eyes are alive with a sense of purpose, a delightful mask I wear, all debonair and showy, all flashy and beauteous. 

even the angels start to fall

Messages In This Thread
    Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Skitz - 06-18-2015, 01:40 AM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Azula - 06-18-2015, 08:51 AM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Skitz - 06-18-2015, 11:40 AM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Azula - 06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Engelsfors - 06-18-2015, 03:10 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Camrynn - 06-18-2015, 11:50 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Skitz - 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Any/Open} - by Camrynn - 07-12-2015, 03:24 PM