• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I need no sympathy; Lullaby, fairies
    Opheria was wandering in the dark, aimlessly traveling and enjoying the crisp evening air. This was an odd night, black as pitch, with a nip in the air that scalded her nostrils as she breathed it in. She knew she was near to the Den, she could feel the fairy majick’s pulse, and while her heart ached in empathy for the young dropped there, she had no desire to return to that place. The fairies had raised her themselves, and while hers had not been a horrible childhood, there had been a distinct lack of love and nurturing. She’d had what she needed to survive, nothing more, and nothing less. The lack of nurture had left her unsure of her ability to be a mother, not that she had ever put much thought into the prospect of that.
    She is startled then, when she hears a ruckus happening within, a shrill cry that makes her skin crawl and her silvery coat stand on end. She hears a chortle of bellowing laughter, and her nostrils are stained with the heavy scent of blood. Without thinking, she reacts, dainty but powerful haunches propelling her forward headlong into danger toward the sound of the cries.
    She rushes, hearing the thud of a small body as it collides with the ground, the sound propelling her faster. Gut sick, her ears lay back as she crashes into the fray arriving only in time to make out a shadowy figure careening after a smaller one. She leaps headlong after them, closing the distance quickly, but not fast enough. The stallion was on the child once more before Opheria could place herself between them. She see’s his body collide with the girl, sees the tension of dark flesh as she herself reaches forward to grab at his crest, teeth snapping with the intent to rip him away from his target. She had had no battle experience, yet instinct dictated her actions. The flesh between her teeth does not struggle, and falls, to her surprise to the ground. In its wake it reveals a blood stained, horned slip of a child. Opheria’s blue eyes go wide as she takes in the carnage. She trembles as she processes what has just happened, unsure of how to help. ”He’s dead.” she murmers to herself and the babe. ”It’s over now.”

OOC: Sorry it’s been ages since I’ve last RP’d. I’ll improve, I promise!
    opheria
    now I really know what it feels like to fly

Messages In This Thread
    I need no sympathy; Lullaby, fairies - by Waylan - 03-06-2018, 11:27 PM
    RE: I need no sympathy; Lullaby, fairies - by Opheria - 07-26-2018, 07:40 PM