• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan}
    I Hope That You Burn

Maiven saw him, the big stallion, as he appeared off to her left. He seemed lost in thought and, for a moment, the filly had hoped that he would simply walk past her. She sank deeper into the shadows of her hiding place, hoping that her light coloring and the decaying plant life around her would not give her away to him. As he drew nearer she trembled in fear. Though she was tall for her age, he towered over any horse she had ever seen. Every hoof fall seemed to shake the earth. The plant life around her shriveled as her fear grew. 

She’d not yet learned to control her abilities, despite her mother’s attempts to teach her. She’d been more interested in playing with her cousins and siblings that attending the lessons where they assured her she was special and unique. She’d taken advantage of their tutelage when, in a moment such as this, she could have benefited from their wisdom. 

As the sound of his approach grew louder she closed her eyes and stilled her breathing, praying that he would not see her. 

“What are you doing out here all alone?” His voice was harsh and she shrank away from it as though it were a poisoned snake poised to bite her ankles. ”Don’t you have a home?”

Her eyes shot open to see him standing before her questioningly. She squeaked and jumped to her feet, her sudden height causing her to bump her head on a low-lying branch belonging to a sheltering pine. He sighed, as if her reaction had caused him to regret his initial harshness. 

”What I meant to say was where are your parents?” He revised and she flicked her ears forward hopefully. ”My name is Durotan, you can trust me.”

Maybe, if she chose to trust him, he could help her find them. She stepped out of her hiding place, revealing her true appearance. Although she’d always been told that she was tall for her age, she felt small beside the massive stallion. 

”I – I,” She stuttered and lowered her head. ”I lost them.”

Maiven

Messages In This Thread
    ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Maiven - 02-24-2018, 10:46 PM
    RE: ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Durotan - 02-24-2018, 10:46 PM
    RE: ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Maiven - 02-25-2018, 08:30 PM
    RE: ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Durotan - 02-28-2018, 08:01 PM
    RE: ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Maiven - 02-28-2018, 09:00 PM
    RE: ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Durotan - 03-03-2018, 09:57 PM
    RE: ||Smoke And Mirrors|| {Durotan} - by Maiven - 03-04-2018, 02:02 PM