• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Before I went under || Eros & Any

Eros

Just as he secures the last of the pastries inside the glass case, he grabs the dirtied platter and tongs and retreats to the back once again.  The saloon door swings behind him as he enters the kitchen and places the items beside the sink.  He'd take care of them before the end of his shift which seemed to be quickly approaching.  

Walking back towards the door that had just stopped swinging, he pushes it aside to see the upscale woman handing Della a business card.  The shock upon his co-workers face is as clear as night and day but he maintains his composure.  Slipping behind Della to rearrange some menus nonchalantly.  A faint smile is brought to his thin lips as he fumbles with the laminated papers.  

Out of his peripheral vision he sees the woman go take a place at a booth and begin to page through fancy magazines.  Della turns towards him and he looks up to catch the form of the words on her lips.  He indulges in her excitement as his expression changes to surprise and he mouths "Oh My God." His golden eyes fall again to her lips but this time he does not find words there.  She had the most perfect lips.  Not too thin, nor too large.  Pleasantly plump he would say.  He quickly realizes his thoughts and his eyes flash back to the menus in his hands.  A slight blush coming to his ivory cheeks.

Looking up to the clock he takes note that it is 9:30.  Only two more hours and he'd be headed home.  He turns to walk towards Della, menus in arm.  Placing his hand on her shaking one, he gives her a squeeze before whispering to her, "We should celebrate after closing." He offers a smile before walking towards to seating area and placing the menus in their holders on each table.  Saturdays were pretty quiet but Sunday was their busiest day with all the after service patrons.

Barely noticing the man had risen from his seat and was approaching the woman, he kept tending to tables.  An occasional glance Della's way revealed her struggling attempt to contain her excitement.  Bringing a light laugh to leave his lips with a gentle shake to his head as he looked back down at his work.  With a towel hung over his shoulder he began to think of how such a deary day had brightened so quickly with such odd interactions with strangers...

Unconditional Love

@[Sabra] @[Lavendel] @[Arithmetic]

Messages In This Thread
    Before I went under || Eros & Any - by Lavendel - 02-25-2018, 01:21 AM
    RE: Before I went under || Eros & Any - by Eros - 03-11-2018, 03:37 PM