• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    It is not longer before I notice the soft girl's eyes slowly focusing on my corporeal self, as if readjusting to reality for the first time in a long while. I smile, a genuine expression, for I have known that self same feeling: did Insignificance, the woman who came to bear me a brother, not find me in my darkest hour and rescue me from myself? Did she not look me in my eyes, and bring me back to life, as I am now doing to Kylin?

Perhaps there is still some light among the darkness of my soul after all.

I will?

"Yes darling, I promise." Her meek expression - barely a twitch of the lips - is all the proof I need that she believes me and trusts me, that she hasn't taken my words wrong. My own smile is still stubbornly set, not large by any means, but reassuring. At this, the sweet Kylin extends her nose towards mine, and I eagerly close the distance that she leaves, wanting only to encourage this action. Physical touch is healing, and this child needs just that.

I nod softly to her quiet question, one that is filled with a meek kind of awe. I mirror that same awe in my own tone, gentle and admiring of the land I come from. "Yes, it's breath taking, though very cold right now as you might expect." I inhale as if to speak again, but then bite my tongue - I am here on a diplomatic mission, I should restrain myself, I should --

"Why don't you come back with me? For old time's sake? You can tell me about how you know Hyaline... Or whatever you want, really."

"I'm here for you, Kylin."

Well. So much for subtlety.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Kylin]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 02-27-2018, 05:53 PM
    RE: "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 03-04-2018, 05:56 PM
    RE: "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 03-06-2018, 01:41 AM
    RE: "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 03-08-2018, 01:55 AM