• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Shifting winds
    The cold is starting to seep from the ground into my flesh and it’s no longer comfortable to be at this vantage point.  With a brief shudder and a forceful heave, I propel myself upward and onto ivory hooves.  It’s an ill one, but I attempt nonetheless to rid myself of the lingering cold and dead debris clinging to my spotted pelt.  A cool breeze runs across me then, spilling my forelock over an eye where I let it lie for now.  It seems as though this storm will remain persistant.

I feel my auds swiveling on their own accord, catching the explanations of Ischia and Nerine.  And Beqanna.  Curiosity is clutching at my attention again.  They speak of magics and traits; perhaps such things even more perplexing than the equine specimens that I am conversing with now.  I feel my head tilt quizzically again as I’m drawn deeper into my thoughts.  It’s becoming quite evident that my interactions with others has been few and far between up until this point.  My reactions seem to be rather openly displayed and I don’t seem to feel too bothered to diminished them.

Their explanations are fair, I decide, as Scorch finishes her final sentence.  I get the impression that the endearing stallion and confident mare both have a sense of pride for their respective kingdoms.  Could that be me someday?  Would I be able to share in a sense of pride and companionship with a herd? Is that even what I want?

Perhaps that is the point of their appearance.  Perhaps that is what they hope to win.For a fleeting moment my ears turn to lay flat against my skull.  Not out of anger, but of sudden embarrassment as I wonder whatever a couple of magically enhanced equines would want with someone as plain as myself.

But my ears quickly return upright as I realize there is only one way I will find out.

May I visit your Ischia, Brennen? And your Nerine, Scorch?

Messages In This Thread
    Shifting winds - by Breckin - 03-03-2018, 08:10 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Brennen - 03-03-2018, 09:27 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Scorch - 03-06-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Breckin - 03-06-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Brennen - 03-06-2018, 10:14 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Scorch - 03-07-2018, 12:15 AM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Breckin - 03-08-2018, 07:53 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Scorch - 03-12-2018, 10:56 PM