• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Leilan

Hmm? No-one had any idea? Why, that sounds a bit strange, but then she comes up with an answer - ah, she talks to the dead now.
    It's not too odd considering Beqanna's standards, and Leilan nods with a chuckle on his face. "Do say hi for me. It would have been better had you pulled him back with you, but seeing you alive is a miracle in itself I hear say." he chuckles. His mother is indeed not that smooth with her words, whereas Leilan has somehow practised it - though not for the greatest purposes in life perhaps. A joke here, a well-aimed jest there, just kidding around; still, he knows what to say to make another drop their words like a wave, should he want to. He's just not using it for boring purposes.

Like just now; Scorch is proud of her large family and does not hesitate to spill out the names to him. He knows he has a total of 10 full siblings, 11 if he includes himself; it's no surprise that it is a long list of nephews, nieces, and cousins. He stores the names as best as he can - perhaps if he hears them again he will remember that they are family in one way or another. Oh, and since Scorch wants more kids, she had adopted two more. A total of thirteen, how fitting for a number. But his own twin... he grimaces. "Well if you couldn't find her on the other side, at least that means that's not where she is. It sounds like you should have been able to talk to her then, with her own ghost stuff going around. I mean..." he shakes his head. She was always saying that the 'other foals' were there, Rain most notably. "I'll just have to look out for her on my travels, then." he concludes. No Wrynn. Too bad - he had always pestered his twin, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her. It feels a bit empty not to be able to poke her one way or the other, but perhaps he can find other siblings to do that to. Or Kori, if he can find him again.

It seems his mother knows indeed something that no-one else does, when she talks about Ischia and Brennen. He raises his brow. "You make it sound so mysterious, I might almost be disappointed when I get there." he counters. But if his mother has an idea, it is probably best to follow up and ask the questions to someone else. She's not easy on information, at least not always and he doesn't expect her to be. "But I'll see what he has to say. It ís on the other side of the land, though." he tells her - which means that if he should settle in Ischia, he's not likely to visit as often. Good in one way, but something that Scorch should know about. Leilan has no wings or other means for fast travel, after all.

Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Leilan - by Leilan - 03-16-2018, 06:44 AM